Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (2 Viewers)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

Azzin

February 27, 2008
Hi all,

I'm following this thread with excitement as it seems that it may well just be the answer to my prayers!

What I'm a bit confused about is all the changes and updated files overt the last 13 pages! :oops:

Is there a quick easy up to date guide a n00b like me can follow to get this working? :D

Many thanks.

[Edit] - I'm getting closer!!

I have an ISO of my First Blood on HD DVD.

I can browse to the folder that it's in within MP. :)

I can then click on the ISO, and I can hear the initial loading screen sounds coming out of the speakers............but I'm still looking at the MP interface. :(

If I then close MP then the movie is sitting there on the first screen waiting for me to tell it what language I want to watch it in.

So I'm close, but not quite close enough and for some reason PowerDVD is staying hidden "behind" Media Portal if that makes sense?

Many thanks.

Anyone? :D

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @risu, MoPhat

Thanks a lot, this is exactly how I would need it - primary screen is 1280x1024, secondary is a projector with 1280x720. But anyhow, if it works, why not make it a feature of the plugin (-> MoPhat?). I could imagine that many people use a projector / tv for watching.

It can't be made general easily (at least not as long as PowerDVD doesn't natively support opening on secondary window). But it shouldn't matter as it works after once setting it correctly unless you change desktop resolutions or desktop positions.

Here's part of code I changed, original:
    Code:
    	Run "%A_ProgramFiles%\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe" /FULLSCREEN
    	WinActivate, CyberLink PowerDVD
    	WinMaximize

For secondary screen:
    Code:
    	Run "%A_ProgramFiles%\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe" 
    	WinWaitActive, CyberLink PowerDVD
    	WinActivate, CyberLink PowerDVD
    	WinMove, CyberLink PowerDVD,, 1440, 0, 1280, 720
    	WinMaximize
    Where 1440,0 is top-left position where we put powerdvd window and 1280,720 are width and height of powerdvd window.

So if you have secondary window desktop aligned straight right from primary desktop and 1280x1024 primary you change that one line to:
    Code:
    	WinMove, CyberLink PowerDVD,, 1280, 0, 1280, 720

mraeburn

Portal Member
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Loving this it really is brilliant. I am trying to put the bluray icon into my xface skin and although the "big picture" is the blu ray icon, i cant seem to change the small picture which is attached to the actual button selection (i think they are the nf buttons) - all i get is a plug ins picture. Can anyone help with this?

Cheers

kevon27

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2006
    Works still needs to be done

How about creating a plugin that will allow me to choose a video from my video. Depending on the type of video ,dvd or bluray, the plugin will choose to play to movie with mp's internal player (dvd) or launch and start play with PDVD (bluray)..

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    How about creating a plugin that will allow me to choose a video from my video. Depending on the type of video ,dvd or bluray, the plugin will choose to play to movie with mp's internal player (dvd) or launch and start play with PDVD (bluray)..
    Yes, I'd love something like that... here's for wishful thinking...

pattang

March 21, 2008
    Attention MP newbies (like myself), after you downloaded everything on the first post and installed and activated the plug-in. It won't work! You will get a "can't start program" statement. I scratched my head hard and brought some frustration to bed last night.
    Now take a careful look at post #65, you need this rewritten multishortcut.xml file!! Download it and copy to the right directory as said. (There should be one old .xml file in the sub-directory already, and that one won't work). Then Bingo! It works! MoPhat you really save my life! Thanks very much !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom