Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (1 Viewer)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

some1

Portal Member
March 24, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Attention MP newbies (like myself), after you downloaded everything on the first post and installed and activated the plug-in. It won't work! You will get a "can't start program" statement. I scratched my head hard and brought some frustration to bed last night.
Now take a careful look at post #65, you need this rewritten multishortcut.xml file!! Download it and copy to the right directory as said. (There should be one old .xml file in the sub-directory already, and that one won't work). Then Bingo! It works! MoPhat you really save my life! Thanks very much !

yep. same thing did it for me :) fantastic plugin! thanks alot!

pattang

March 21, 2008
After playing with this plugin for a while, I still think that although not perfect, it is still the best solution at the moment. If you are using iMON for your IR remote, it is even better, because you don't have to go through the code tranlation process, the iMON does it all. It switches to the Powerdvd code when the program is in focus.
Since blue ray is a PITA to playback (much due to BD+), it is better to play with a prooven software like Powerdvd.

So, not fully intergrated with MP at the moment is no big deal. Until someday when WMP can officially support Blueray, then it is time to fully intergrate the HD feature into MP and make it a more perfect portal. ;)

R300

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After playing with this plugin for a while, I still think that although not perfect, it is still the best solution at the moment. If you are using iMON for your IR remote, it is even better, because you don't have to go through the code tranlation process, the iMON does it all. It switches to the Powerdvd code when the program is in focus.
    Since blue ray is a PITA to playback (much due to BD+), it is better to play with a prooven software like Powerdvd.

So, not fully intergrated with MP at the moment is no big deal. Until someday when WMP can officially support Blueray, then it is time to fully intergrate the HD feature into MP and make it a more perfect portal. ;)

BD+ is no longer a problem .....if you have anydvd installed. Makes life with bluray way better now.

ebooggie

February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Has anyone found a way to play HD DVDs and SD DVDs from the hard drive? When I go into the MP configuration and set Power dvd ultra 7 as the external player it plays perfectly when selecting a HD DVD title, but when trying to play a SD DVD it still plays the previous tiltle. Example: You play King Kong in HD and then you want to play 300,Power dvd will still start to play King Kong again. Does anyone know why and how to fix this.

By the way great plugin! I'm just looking for a way to play my movies off the hdd.

Arg0t

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Add the film extension into the movie settings of MP, add the media location/drive to the movie folder list. Fire up MP and you have bluray in MP. Requires AnyHDDVD.

hawihoney

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Add the film extension into the movie settings of MP, add the media location/drive to the movie folder list. Fire up MP and you have bluray in MP. Requires AnyHDDVD.

Sorry, but this didn't work for me. Perhaps we can elaborate a working solution. Consider:

1.) Cyperlink Power DVD Ultra is installed.

2.) A copy of the disk will be found in a subfolder of my movie directory. The copy was done with a product from Antigua ;-) You know what I mean ...

3.) The disks sub-directories (e.g. ADV_OBJ, HDDVD_TS for HD-DVD) are preserved.

4.) What file extension should be added to the MP configuration? I double checked that .dat (e.g. DISCID_DAT) and .evo (e.g. feature files from HD-DVDs) is in the list.

5.) What is missing?

5a.) If one can live with an external player - add Cyberlink in the player config.

5b.) If one wants to play the files seemless within MP - what should be done?

Thanks
    Honey

hallohome

Portal Member
    March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    problem

Hi,

this plugin works fine for me. Thanx a lot. But I have one problem.
    Once I press the "menu" button on my remote to change the language or someting else I cant go back to MP.
    MP isnt comming up, it is in the taskmanager but not coming up again. If I use only skip or stop and play everything is fine. Is there someone else with the same problem ??

pattang

March 21, 2008
    When you said "it is in the task manager", do you mean you call up the task manager and see that it is still running? If so, that means you are not running MP full screen, and it is off focus when you press the menu button of Powerdvd.

hallohome

Portal Member
    March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI,

it is running in Full screen, and everything is fine and I can go back to MP from Power DVD. But if I press the menu button inside powerDVD to chose the language or audio and then press exit, I dont have a Taskbar only the Windows Vista button and MP is not comming up.:confused:

Augiedoggy

Portal Member
    September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    HI,

it is running in Full screen, and everything is fine and I can go back to MP from Power DVD. But if I press the menu button inside powerDVD to chose the language or audio and then press exit, I dont have a Taskbar only the Windows Vista button and MP is not comming up.:confused:

i sometimes get a similiar thing were it will not bring up mp ....just the destop with no taskbar.....i have to try and go back and forth or end mp in the taskbar and the hd starter....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom