Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (1 Viewer)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Thought so.. but thought I'd ask anyways =)

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
July 18, 2005
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Here is the first Testapplication for testing purpose.

Please change in the HDPlayer.exe.config the line if your PowerDVD is installed on a other path ;)

Code:
<setting name="PowerDVDPath" serializeAs="String">
                <value>[COLOR="Red"]C:\Programme\CyberLink\PowerDVD[/COLOR]</value>
            </setting>

Known issue on vista is that PDVD is starting in its own window :(

On XP should this working.

Please test a BD and or a HDDVD if its possible, and do not make a double click in the App! that destroys the fullscreen mode...

Thanks for feedback
MoPhat

Would you be interested in sharing the code ?. I've had this same idea in a while, but haven't programmed since VB was hot :)

Cheers,
Steffen

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Flerbizky

Sure :D

Have you experience with C#, pInvoke and System.Diagnostics.Process namespace?

greetz
    MoPhat

doctorgeek

January 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey MoPhat -- Any updates on this project? I'm really looking forward to being able to drive my high-def DVD collection via Mediaportal... all 2 of them (for now) :D

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have some probs with pInvoke on Vista machines :-(

If this is solved i will make a test plugin

greetz
    MoPhat

Vlaves

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2004
    Any news here? I'm very interested in this Plugin and I would offer myself for testing it :D

Thanks for any new and progress Info.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Then again, running powerdvd inside MP is just a trick. It could work just fine on one display solutions though.

I run projector on secodary monitor but when want to watch HD movies with PowerDVD ultra I need to put projector as primary or HDCP protection works little too well (protects the whole picture from being displayed). It's probably Catalyst fault as picture works when I select projector to be primary screen from cats setup only doesn't when on secondary. Oh and I also have to change freq to 60hz or it yet doesn't work, another nice detail of HDCP behaviour with cats and powerdvd, 50hz works fine if copy protection is removed. 60hz is terrible for 50hz PAL TV so I can't just use the other.

So after all this fuzz to be able start watching HD discs, starting PowerDVD manually from desktop instead of MP menus is not really that bad. I use translator from IR Server so I can control PDVD from MCE remote so there's really no reason for me to tweak PDVD inside MP (which probably just makes things even more difficult).

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    The ability to run PDVD within MP is all about the WAG (Wife/Girlfriend) factor.

The whole point of my MP setup is that I just say it is a TV. And theres one remote. I do not mention that it is a PC. If PDVD is not intergrated then I have to start saying things like.. press alt + F4 to quit. Then double.. no double click Power DVD. then... and so on.

Although - you mention using IR server - how does it work? can you go from MP to PDVD and then back again using only the MCE Remote? That maybe I could accept! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom