Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (1 Viewer)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

Vlaves

Portal Pro
September 24, 2004
Any news here? I'm very interested in such a Plugin.

Regards
Vlaves

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You can configure IR Server and Translator (part or IR Server package) so it acts like HIP. You can set different functions for remote buttons for different programs, though I couldn't get PowerDVD to work if I didn't set it's commands system wide so unless that's sorted somehow you probably can't use it with IR Servers macros. If that gets sorted out, there's nothing that would stop using it like you just said.

In my case (reasons described above), I'd need a program which would change windows monitor priorities and refresh frequency by commandline input so it's even more complicated.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Well basically.. if you get MPC to play m2ts or evo-files you can play them through MediaPortal too when you add those file extentions to MyMovies. I've succesfully played blu-ray titles through MediaPortal just like that, I get normal play/pause/skipping and that kind of control from MP. Can even change audio tracks so I get 5.1 sound on correct language.. but I can't use subtitles at all so that's not good for me. And if movie is split to many files I'd need to make a playlist.

Plus I haven't got HD DVDs to work either as I'm missing some audio filters needed (cyberlink ones don't work for me anywhere but on PowerDVD, even MP hangs if I use them).

There's also a quick explanation about this on MP forums too on other HD-DVD/Blu-ray thread.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi guys - I'm hanging for this also :) I think more and more people are adding Blu Ray to their HTPC rig :)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I've found a pretty good way to integrate MP and PowerDVD.

I have set PowerDVD to launch, and set to fullscreen.
    I have quit explorer.exe
    I have then got MP running fullscreen.

I have set a button on my remote to quit MP (easily done via MP configuration, no other utils needed)

When MP quits, as explorer.exe is not running PowerDVD becomes the foremost app. I can then use my MCE remote in PowerDVD.

When I need to get back to MP, I just press the green button on the MCE remote (which, with the help of MPTray, launches MP).

So, I can go from MP, to fullscreen PowerDVD and back with only a MCE remote, and its all pretty integrated. The only issue I can see is going from PowerDVD to MP, but leaving the DVD/HDDVD/BluRay running.

Hope this helps!

PVRJunky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2007
    Hi everybody,
    for those who can't wait for this plugin, I want to suggest a solution I have found somewhere (maybe even in this forum) and made it usable for me.
    It is a little work to setup, but the result is a new menu entry in MP that closes or minimizes MP switches to the needed graphic card setup and starts PowerDVD in full screen, after closing PowerDVD it switches back the graphic card and starts MP again.

What do you need?
    - AutoItv3 which is a powerful program for scripting
    - MultiShortCutPlugin The Plugin which is in the plugin section of the Team-mediaportal site is old. Use this link instead. You'll find the download link at the end of the page. The plugin is able to create menu entries that starts any programm you like from MP

How do you set it up?
    If you want to change you graphiccard setup you have to find a way to setup a profile. For ATI cards it is quite simple. Start the ATI Catalyst Controlcenter. Save the standard profle with a specific name like "film" in my example in the profilemanager. Then setup the needed configuration for watching HD-videos in the ATI Catalyst Controlcenter and save the profile with a specific name like "HD24p" in my example .

Download AutoItV3 and install it.
    Maybe you want also to download the AutoIt Editor Scite.

Run the editor
    Create an script like this:
    Code:
    ; PowerDVD Start Skript

; close mediaportal
    ;ProcessClose("mediaportal.exe")

; change the Graphiccards Profile
    $Program="C:\Programme\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLI.exe" 
    $Parameter= "Start Load profilename=" & chr(34) & "HD24p" & Chr(34)
    ShellExecuteWait($Program,$Parameter)

; wait a second
    Sleep(1000)

; start PowerDVD
    Run("C:\Programme\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe")

; Maximize PowerDVD and set focus to PowerDVD
    WinWait("CyberLink PowerDVD")
    MouseClick("left", 1200, 540, 2, 1)
    WinActivate("CyberLink PowerDVD")
    MouseMove(1920, 540, 100)

; Wait untiul PowerDVD is closed
    WinWaitClose("CyberLink PowerDVD")

; Set graphic card back to normal
    $Program="C:\Programme\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLI.exe" 
    $Parameter= "Start Load profilename=" & chr(34) & "Film" & Chr(34)
    ShellExecuteWait($Program,$Parameter)

; wait a second
    Sleep(1000)

; rerun mediaportal
    ;Run("C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Mediaportal.exe")

; wait until Mediaportal is open and set focus
    ;WinWait("MediaPortal - Hauptmenü")
    ;WinActivate("MediaPortal - Hauptmenü")

Exit

Adapt pathes and program names and window names and profile names in the script to your environment.
    If you dont want to change the setup of you graphic card you can spare these lines.

Save the skript like "BlueRay.au3"
    Right Click on the script in the explorer and choose compile or choose compile from the edito menu.
    An BlueRay.exe will be created.

Install the Plugin MultiShortCut like it is nicely described in the readme of the plugin.
    Configure a link to the BlueRay.exe as described.
    There a lines commented out. If you want MediaPortal to minimize while playing BlueRays leave these lines as their are. An choose MinimizeMP=true in the setup of the MultiShortCut-Plugin. If you want to close Mediaportal, remove the semicolon in front of the lines and choose minimizeMP=false in the setup of the MultiShortCut-Plugin

The hardest thing will be, to adjust the skript to your system environment. All other steps a quite easy.
    Have fun.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This plugin sounds great! I really hope it sees the light of day completed :)

PVRJunky: Im confused, I was thinking of trying this out, but I dont understand why I need to change my graphics card profile? For what purpose is this? Also can this be used to "autoplay" whatever disc is in the drive when PDVD is launched??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom