Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (4 Viewers)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you are able to embed the video of PowerDVD into a usercontrol, I think it could be easier to just resize this control to fullscreen size.
    But this brings me to another question: If you embed the video of PowerDVD into a usercontrol, is the video still displayed when you play a HD-DVD and Blu-ray because of HDCP?

MisterD

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    sorry...again... i have no BD/HDDVD for the moment, i can only try normal DVDs to play.
    But should be no problem because PDVD is normaly starting witthout a hack ;)

i should have at next weekend little bit time to upload a test app here so that anyone can try with a BD or HDDVD player if its work.

MoPhat

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Here is the first Testapplication for testing purpose.

Please change in the HDPlayer.exe.config the line if your PowerDVD is installed on a other path ;)

Code:
    <setting name="PowerDVDPath" serializeAs="String">
                    <value>[COLOR="Red"]C:\Programme\CyberLink\PowerDVD[/COLOR]</value>
                </setting>

Known issue on vista is that PDVD is starting in its own window :(

On XP should this working.

Please test a BD and or a HDDVD if its possible, and do not make a double click in the App! that destroys the fullscreen mode...

Thanks for feedback
    MoPhat

Attachments

• HDPlayer.rar
      30.6 KB

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Test app started fine at least with Matrix Reloaded HDDVD.

Can't really tell if it's playing within the app though as after I exit fullscreen I have test app and powerdvd windows separately, not like powerdvd on iframe..

Using XP.

R300

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Test app started with pdvd 'inside' except not in fullscreen.....pdvd started fullscreen inside the test app but the test app was not fullscreen (could be user error though :D I will play with it a bit and see what happens).

No problems playing 300 hddvd from hdd or from disc .....have not tried a bluray yet.

The only thing odd I noticed while the hddvd was playing, is the mouse would not disappear.......it does disappear when pdvd is started normally.

Using WinXP SP2

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    R300
    the test app himself doesnt start in fullscreen :p
    that with the mousecursor... i will check how to hide the cursor after few seconds...

risu
    that should not be a problem because MP is not changing during playback of a movie its size ( i think so)

can anyone test this with vista?

thanks
    MoPhat

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have no HD DVD or Bluray, but I can test some HD files with powerdvd in vista.
    (if that helps)

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i'll get a HD-DVD drive and appropriate gfx card this weekend and i'll give the app a try on a 37" full-hd then and report.

so long.
    ieb

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Darre this helps only if the rippts has the HDCP flag and the encryption inside... i dont think so.

Normal HD files are no problem to play in MP without a HD player if the mediaplayer plays this files.

MoPhat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom