Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (2 Viewers)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

kramps

Portal Member
November 16, 2010
Home Country
France France
Re : Re: Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution)

@kramps

I think it's a problem of imon that it does not recognize PowerDVD. Usually HDStarter stops MP and starts PowerDVD. So your imon can't detect MP anymore. Have a look into Windows Task Manager whether MP is still running after you've started PowerDVD. As I'm not familiar with imon I can't give you an advice what to do.

eagle

When I'm launching Powerdvd via HD starter in mediaportal, I can see in the task manager that Mediaportal is still running in background. But I think it is normal...

I can't imagine that nobody is using the HD starter solution without an Imon remote!!!
I'm working on this HTPC for several month, now it is just the only thing that don't work correcly :(

In the key and sounds section in mediaportal configuration, it is possible to change mediaportal shortcuts.
Do you think it is possible to change ALL the shortcuts or just serveral ones?

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: Re : Re: Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution)

When I'm launching Powerdvd via HD starter in mediaportal, I can see in the task manager that Mediaportal is still running in background. But I think it is normal...

That's the point. MP doen't release the focus. If you are using the right HD_Starter (Post #584) MP is killed before PowerDVD is started. This should work. You've got a second chance to make it working. You can uncheck "MP always in foreground" or so in MP-Config. Maybe this solves your prob.

eagle

kramps

Portal Member
November 16, 2010
Home Country
France France
Re : Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution)

YES!!!

IT WORKS!!!!!
It take a little time to come back into mediaportal because of the restart of it, but it works very well.
I have now access to all the command of Power DVD via my Imon remote.

Eagle, das ist WUNDERBAR!!!!!
Vielen dank!

Why don't you make a little website with all different version or put it in the first page of the post?

Thanks again. :D:):D:p;)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: Re : Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution)

Eagle, das ist WUNDERBAR!!!!!

You're welcome :)

Why don't you make a little website with all different version ...

'cause I have to go through the entire thread to collect all versions :)

...or put it in the first page of the post?

I'm not permitted to edit the first post because it isn't my thread.

eagle

Metzgermeister

December 3, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution)

Hi people I'm new to this site and also new but happy user to MediaPortal.
Currently I'm setting up a HTPC based on MediaPortal and all works fine for so long.
I'm using MP 1.1.2 (latest stable release) under Win 7 HP x64.

Now for playing BluRays also with 3D I bought PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II.
After a little Search of combining MP and PDVD I found this thread.

Currently I can't find the Post with the actual Version Link of the Tools.
Is it already available as an easy to install PlugIn ?
Is it easier to edit the folders for the executables because the first post says I have to recompile to files? (Bit tricky without knowlegde of programming ;) )
Can I also use the Remote from this thread ( https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...00-fernbedienung-mediaportal-verwenden-81586/ ) to control PDVD?

Thanks...

---

German:
Hi Leute ich bin neu auf dieser Seite und auch ein neuer aber bereits glücklicher benutzer von MediaPortal.
Ich bin gerade dabei einen HTPC mit MediaPortal einzurichten bis jetzt läuft soweit alles einwandfrei.
Aktuell benutze ich MediaPortal 1.1.2 (letztes Stabiles Release) unter Win 7 HP x64.

Um nun BluRays abzuspielen auch solche mit 3D Inhalten habe ich mir PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II gekauft.
Nach einer kurzen Suche dieses mit MP zu kombinieren bin ich auf diesen Thread gestoßen.

Aktuell kann ich den Post mit den Links zur letzten Verison nicht finden.
Ist das ganze evtl. bereits als einfach zu installierendes PlugIn verfügbar?
Ist es nun einfacher die Pfade zu den Programmordnern anzupassen da der erste Post besagt das ich die Dateien neu Kompilieren muss (was ein wenig schwer ist wenn man des Programmierens nicht mächtig ist ;) )
Kann ich da falls es soweit zusammen funktioniert auch die Fernbedienung aus diesem Thread ( https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...00-fernbedienung-mediaportal-verwenden-81586/ ) benutzen um PDVD zu steuern?

Danke schonmal im vorraus.

Metzgermeister

December 3, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany

OK I found the posts with the needed Downloads... ;)

but this will left my other questions open...
Hope someone can give me the information.

Here's a list with some important Links:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/564650-post727.html
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/566621-post730.html
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/574419-post746.html

Maybe Eagle could make a new Thread by placing a reference here and a Admin closing this.
In his new Thread he can manage the Links and Information in the first Post.

Another solution maybe if moophat doesn't react on messages an admin could map the first post to eagle so he is able to modify ;)

---
German:

OK ich habe die posts mit den benötigten Downloads gefunden.

Allerdings bleiben meine anderen Fragen weiterhin offen.
Ich hoffe jemand kann mir die fehlenden Infos geben.

Hier habe ich noch ein paar Links die ich für wichtig befand:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/564650-post727.html
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/566621-post730.html
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/574419-post746.html

Evtl. könnte eagle wirklich einen neuen Thread auf machen und hier eine referenz hinterlegen und ein Admin schließt den Thread dann.
Im neuen Thread könnte eagle dann die wichtigsten Sachen dann immer im erstn Post hinterlegen.

Alternativ falls mophat nicht mehr auf Nachrichten oder so reagiert könnte ein Admin den ersten Post evtl. auf eagle umschreiben damit er ihn bearbeiten kann.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok i have this plugin working fairly well...

one thing is the top / bottom bars stay on till i move the mouse up (mouse starts in bottom right hand corner so the bars stay active) ..slightly annoying as i only use my MCE remote

any way of fixing this?

i see the mouse hide app but i dont think its working for me

im launching from the plugin section of streamedMP skin..i plan to make a direct link from the basic home screen if its possible.... when i get time tomorrow

halfman1334

Portal Member
    January 4, 2011
    Oldenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo,

auch bei mir klappt es. Ich habe knapp 50% des Threads gelesen und muss sagen, das war ne harte Nuss. Nun habe ich leider das Problem(chen), dass im MP bei mir nicht HD Starter steht, sondern - no name - . Ich finde in der config keine Möglichkeit, dies zu ändern. Wisst ihr was?

Gruß
    Andreas

Limbachnet

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This is the english forum, so we should write in english...

In media portal config under "Plugins" select HD_Starter and click the "Config"-button - then, in the configuration menu of the plugin, there should be an entry where you can set the text for the button in home menu and the hover picture.

HD_Starter ist just a configured version of the multishortcut plugin. Depending on the version of multishortcut the configuration menu is looking different - I use the V2.0 in German - perhaps you want to give it a try...

-------------------------------------

Wir sind hier im englischen Teil des Forums und sollten daher auch bei der englischen Sprache bleiben...

In der MediaPortal-Configuration wähle unter dem Punkt "Plugins" HD_Starter an und klicke auf "Config" - im Konfigurationsmenü des Plugins sollte ein Eintrag sein, in dem Du den Text für den Button im Home-Menu und das Hover-Bildchen setzen kannst.

HD_Starter ist eigentlich nur eine passend konfigurierte Version des Multishortcut-Plugins. Abhängig von der Version des Multishortcut-Plugins sieht dessen Konfigurations-Menü auch anders aus - ich verwende die V2.0 auf Deutsch - vielleicht magst Du die mal probieren...

halfman1334

Portal Member
    January 4, 2011
    Oldenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, I see. I was posting in a German MP forum earlier todayand got all mixed up. I ll give it a try, thanks for your help.

I got it. I only searched within the Home config and ignored the Shortcut config. I got it fixed. Great.
    Danke dir

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom