Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (2 Viewers)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

Bluti

Portal Pro
September 19, 2009
Berlin/Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution)

Like said, otherwise my Remote works fine and is fully compatible to the original Microsoft MCE Remote, its this model:

Infrarot RC6 Fernbedienung für MCE 2005 und Vista / Neu bei eBay.de: Fernbedienungen Pointer (endet 08.11.10 17:02:56 MEZ)

The CLEAR button worked fine to close PowerDVD while using the original script from the first comment of this thread but no more with the improved script from comment #585 :(

Limbachnet

Portal Pro
August 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany

Oh, I did not read your posting correctly - You are working with the HD_Starter.ini using the internally defined translation of Codes. I have another Setup using both the HD_Starter.ini and the irremote.ini of the IR-Driver package. So I can't help, sorry...
:oops:

Gartenzwerg

November 5, 2010

Hello,

i have a little problem with my HD_Starter,

I have Win 7 64 Bit and Media Portal 1.1.0. but the HD Player doesn´t start. "Config Section (HD Starter)"
I use the HD_Starter.ini

[MediaPortal]
; path = installation-path of MediaPortal
; exeName = name of MediaPortal in Windows Taskmanager/processes
path="c:\Programme (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"
exeName=MediaPortal.exe;

[PlayerDVD]
; path = installation-path of PowerDVD, WinDVD a.s.o (here for PowerDVD)
; exeName = name of PowerDVD in Windows Taskmanager/processes
path="C:\Programme (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD10.exe /FULLSCREEN"
;path="C:\Programme (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD9\PowerDVD9.exe /FULLSCREEN"
exeName=PowerDVD10.exe

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Gartenzwerg,

please check the path of PowerDVD. As I don't own PowerDVD10 I don't know whether the path must be "...\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe" or "...\PowerDVD\PowerDVD10.exe"
Maybe Cyberlink has changed the name-convention since PowerDVD9

eagle

Bluti

Portal Pro
September 19, 2009
Berlin/Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution)

@Bluti

have a look into post #584. Maybe it solves your problem

eagle

No, unfortunately this doesnt solve the problem. "useHotKey=y" just was enabled by default, I tried to ad several buttons to hd_starter.ini and irremote.ini in several sections just to try it out, CLEAR={ctrl}{x}, ENTER={ctrl}{x} and START={ctrl}{x} but PowerDVD wont get closed by pressing one of these buttons :(.

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Bluti

can you post your ini-files? I'll have a look at it or maybe somebody, using an original MC-RC with HDStarter can test the files, whether the close-button is working correctly.

eagle

joepic

Portal Member
July 24, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
First many thanks to MoPhat and eagle for their excellent work.

I am a newbie to MediaPortal - been using it for a month now. The challenge is finding all of the GREAT plugins and making them work :D

I just finished reading all 80 pages of this forum :eek:

I am using the skin StreamedMP. I have the Blu-ray player working as a Plugin but would like to have it as a seperate menu item.

I saw no reference to making it work with xml code.

Did I miss something?

Has anyone made this excellent software work in StreamedMP's BasicHome menu system?

Thanks

kramps

Portal Member
November 16, 2010
Home Country
France France
Re : Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution)

Hello all,

I'm using an Imon remote with my HTPC.
I've some problems with binding the shortcuts with the remote.
I've configured Imon program with the correct binding for Mediaportal and Power DVD10.
Under Mediaportal, the remote works well.
If I launch Power DVD10 separately from Mediaportal, the remote works also very well.

BUT, if I'm launching Power DVD10 from Mediaportal with the HD STARTER Plugin, the remote don't work correctly with Power DVD10.

Imon program is sending Mediaportal keys to Power DVD10!
Imon don't detect that Power DVD10 is running, he think that I'm already in Mediaportal, and I don't know why.

Do you have any solution?

The solution I thought is to change the keys in Mediaportal or Power DVD10. In Power DVD10, I don't think it will be possible.
In Mediaportal, I think it is but I must change the keys for ALL the plugins and it's very long...

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
kramps

I think it's a problem of imon that it does not recognize PowerDVD. Usually HDStarter stops MP and starts PowerDVD. So your imon can't detect MP anymore. Have a look into Windows Task Manager whether MP is still running after you've started PowerDVD. As I'm not familiar with imon I can't give you an advice what to do.

eagle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom