Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution) (2 Viewers)

Does this solution help you to play Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 211 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 19.5%

• Total voters

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
You mean, in the plugin-config, avail via the mediaportal-config/plugins section?
Quax

yes, that's the right location. Fill in the whole path to your mp-plugin-installation. It must be "program files(x86)\team mediaportal\mediaportal\plugins\Windows\HD_Starter.exe" or something like that

eagle

JohnDoe2000

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
MP crashes on exit

Hi all,

i have just installed MP 1.1.0 and every time I exit MP, I get an error.

2010-09-13 17:33:35.842773 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2010-09-13 17:33:35.847656 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MultiShortcut.xml" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
bei MediaPortal.Profile.XmlSettingsProvider.Save()
bei MediaPortal.Profile.CacheSettingsProvider.Save()
bei MediaPortal.Profile.Settings.SaveCache()
bei MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)
2010-09-13 17:33:35.848632 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MultiShortcut.xml" wurde verweigert.
2010-09-13 17:33:35.848632 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: site :Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
2010-09-13 17:33:35.849609 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: source :mscorlib
2010-09-13 17:33:35.850585 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: stacktrace: bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
bei MediaPortal.Profile.XmlSettingsProvider.Save()
bei MediaPortal.Profile.CacheSettingsProvider.Save()
bei MediaPortal.Profile.Settings.SaveCache()
bei MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)

Can anybody help me please?

thx
JohnDoe

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD (a working solution)

whats about your system specs?
    OS?
    if i am right -
    you need admin rights under vista/win7

JohnDoe2000

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007

whats about your system specs?
    OS?
    if i am right -
    you need admin rights under vista/win7

Hi

I'm using WIn7. Yes, you're right. If I start MP as Admin, everything works fine. The problem is, that I don't wamt to start it as admin, because when I start an application as admin a popup appear.

Do you have an idea for a workaround?

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Don't use the context menu and run as admin...

The user you have to use for windows must be an admin!

If you don't want the UAC messages you have to disable them in the local security options of your windows!

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

it is important the the rights are given "right" -
    couse AutoHotKey starts an other programm (in this case PowerDVD)

for this application-start admin rights are necessary -

so maybe you can make it tha way that PowerDVD allways starts with adminrights -
    so you don't need to start MP with adminrights ...

quax

Portal Member
    February 10, 2010
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ..what a simple, stupid solution to my problem:

and I searched my a.. out...

I deleted the quotation marks around the path to the file, and it worked...

yes, that's the right location. Fill in the whole path to your mp-plugin-installation. It must be "program files(x86)\team mediaportal\mediaportal\plugins\Windows\HD_Starter.exe" or something like that

eagle

Limbachnet

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've installed this plugin yesterday with MP1.1.1final and PowerDVD8 (OEM Version from LG) under WinXP SP3. First of all: It works - many thanks to MoPhat and eagle!

But I have two problems:
    1. My Hauppauge remote does not do anything in PowerDVD. I copied the irremote.ini from this thread in the windows-directory. In the HD_Starter.ini I tried the settings "useHotKeys=" and "useHotKeys=y", in the PowerDVD-settings under tab "Blu-ray Disc" is BD-J Keyboard support deactivated (otherwise the normal keyboard-shortcuts did not work in PowerDVD). Now I don't know what to try else?!

2. When starting PowerDVD from MP the framerate is switched to 24Hz, this works fine. But when terminating PowerDVD and switching back to MP ist stays on 24Hz an is not switched back to 50Hz. Is that normal? I would prefer to switch back, even if MP is able to change framerate according to other sources as well...

I hope that someone can give me some hints. Thanks in advance, many greetings,

Matze

Edit:

Got it!

Sometimes the ideas come by themselves some minutes after talking/writing about the problems...

1. In the HD_Starter.ini the setting "useHotKeys=" is right, but in the irremote.ini from this thread I had to change the strings "PowerDVD" to "Cyberlink PowerDVD8". In MP Configuration under "Remote", Hauppauge the checkbox for external applications using the Remote has to be checked - and now the Hauppauge remote is working fine.

2. OK, decompiling the Autohotkey script, adding the switchback to 50 Hz and recompiling ist one option for the next rainy day, but until then MP switches back to 50 Hz when starting TV or DVD playback.

Bluti

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2009
    Berlin/Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I use the script from comment #585 in this thread and everything works fine, but how can I setup my remote control to close PowerDVD by pressing the CLEAR button? I know that hotkey ctrl+x closes PowerDVD and so I tried to add CLEAR={ctrl}{x} to the HD_Starter.ini but nothing happens. What can I do? I have a Microsoft compatible NoName Remote IR6. I can remember that the CLEAR button worked fine to close PowerDVD when I tried the original script from this thread but I cant find any differences between the files.

Limbachnet

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hm, are you sure that your IR-Receiver interacts with the irremote.ini anyway? Normally this file works togeter with an executable IR.exe and some .dll and is very often bundled with a TV-Card from hauppauge; hauppauge even does sell a MCE-compatibe Remote separately, but I never heard about a "No Name" Remote working with IR.exe and irremote.ini. You should seriously have a look into the documentation of your IR-Driver and corresponding software...

Good luck,
    Matze

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom