Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (1 Viewer)

toga67

Portal Pro
October 15, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
thanks a lot. i just wonder why it is a zip file. but renaming to mpi did the job.
by the way, i am/was a windows 7 mediacenter user but Mediaportal is much better. Really great Media Center software.

zanlation

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Home Country
I have tried this plugin for the first time with Beta 8. I noticed that it can now launch Powerdvd. Everything works ok, except it does not exit from powerdvd when I push stop. It worked well with TMT3, but it was a trial version and I have a full version of powerdvd 9. Is this something in development?

I am using the Passkey beta version too.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I made the first steps with this nice plugin (because I need TMT fpr some "old" HD-DVDs), but still having some problems with buttons:

With beta7 the keyboard shortcuts wasn't recogniced (with MCE remote an IRSS suite/Transloator). After some research I found the beta8 and fast forward/backward do now.

But I'm still can't get change Audio (L) and "Select source" (CNTR+O) get to work.

Has anybody an idea?

THANKS!

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well,

i had that problem with irss and tmt, too.
    i ended disabling the plugins key translation (infact i disabled in the irss plugin options the "when minimized ...") and no i'm using only the irss translator.

i mapped most of the keys (audio/subtitle/popup menu/main menu/....)
    i have attached the irss translator xml for my configuration.

btw, if anyone wants i can upload my modified beta 8, i changed a lot.
    like autoplay dialogs or selection of the hddvd/bds if more than one disc is present.
    i added refresh rate detection for hddvds using mediainfo, and changed the bd detection to mediainfo aswell.
    changed it so only the biggest file on the disc gets analysed for the refresh rate, because it was awful slow before.
    still haven't had the time to solve some bugs ( like tmt always starts 2 times)...
    and i'm not sure if powerdvd support is broken or not, cause i don't have it on my htpc.

Attachments

• arcsoft_irss_keymapping.xml
      2.3 KB

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i had that problem with irss and tmt, too.
    i ended disabling the plugins key translation (infact i disabled in the irss plugin options the "when minimized ...") and no i'm using only the irss translator.

sorry, I don't know which option do you mean?!? I just found an option "require Focus" in Plugin options and "enable keyboard input" in Server configuration.

i mapped most of the keys (audio/subtitle/popup menu/main menu/....)
    i have attached the irss translator xml for my configuration.

I was surprised to see "Audio change" maped to "a". In User manual "L" is for change audio (and it works with non-mce mode of TMT and keyboad).

It seems that mce mode doesn't support "L", because with keyboard it doesn't work, too.

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sorry, I don't know which option do you mean?!? I just found an option "require Focus" in Plugin options and "enable keyboard input" in Server configuration.
    sorry, i meant the require "focus option".

the problem is that irss does not translate all keys to keypresses, instead some keys translate directly to load a plugin-page (like the "menu" button opens the dvd player plugin).
    so the keyboard translation of the arcsoft plugin won't work for the menu button.

for me the best solution was to disable the "require focus" option and let irss handle the key translations.
    but that only applies to irss, if the mediaportal remote support is used i guess the translation works fine.

I was surprised to see "Audio change" maped to "a". In User manual "L" is for change audio (and it works with non-mce mode of TMT and keyboad).

It seems that mce mode doesn't support "L", because with keyboard it doesn't work, too.

yeah, the standard tmt and the tmt mce differ a lot with the keymappings.
    took me some time to figure out the necessary keys for blu-ray playback.
    hope my xml helps.

flurfunk

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2009
    Viersen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

hi,
    I cant choose the option "spdif" output in the Arcsoft software although im using a full version (v. 3.0.1.185) , its just not there... does anyone know this problem?
    Everything is connected via hdmi (htpc - hdmi - avr - hdmi - tv)

under windows the only option for audio device is ATI HD Rear Output, this is my hdmi device! In MP there is no such a problem. every signal is passed directley to my avr.
    when I try to set this under Arcsoft I can choose between Standard Audio Device and ATI HD Rear Output. But it doesnt matter which one I choose the only options are "Headphones", "Stereo", "5.1" and "7.1".

I installed the software on my other pc and there it works without any problems. So what is wrong?

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah, the standard tmt and the tmt mce differ a lot with the keymappings.
    took me some time to figure out the necessary keys for blu-ray playback.
    hope my xml helps.

well, I use TMT mostly for HD-DVD playback and Audio change in mce mode doesn't work with both keys a/l (even from keyboard).

Your xml at least was very helpfull, especially your "taskkill" comand to close TMT!

Finaly I found a solution for the fast forward / rewind Problem (Keys F/R didn't work in mce mode): I defined a macro which sends the keystroke and mapped it to the buttons. :mad: Strange but Works!

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well, i just checked, and you'r right.
    while "a" works perfectly with blu-rays in mce mode, nothing happens when pressing "a" ord "l" with hd-dvds.
    "l" acutally works with hd-dvds in tmt3 (not mce) mode.

i guess the best way right now for MCE Mode is to use CRTL+D for the Onscreen Arcsoft Menu and select the language.
    or use the standard tmt3 version where "l" works.

or has anyone found a better solution with the latest tmt3 ( .185) ?
    if not i could report it as a bug in the tmt3 forums, should be very easy to fix i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom