Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (2 Viewers)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    if not i could report it as a bug in the tmt3 forums, should be very easy to fix i guess.

I just made a quick research and it seems a already known Problem and there are several threads to this issue. The MCE mode just uses the windows mce comands. I will test these later MCE shortcuts ;)

The only one i'm missing is to change input device...

adelphia

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Hayling Island, Hampshire, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

hi,
    I cant choose the option "spdif" output in the Arcsoft software although im using a full version (v. 3.0.1.185) , its just not there... does anyone know this problem?
    Everything is connected via hdmi (htpc - hdmi - avr - hdmi - tv)

under windows the only option for audio device is ATI HD Rear Output, this is my hdmi device! In MP there is no such a problem. every signal is passed directley to my avr.
    when I try to set this under Arcsoft I can choose between Standard Audio Device and ATI HD Rear Output. But it doesnt matter which one I choose the only options are "Headphones", "Stereo", "5.1" and "7.1".

I installed the software on my other pc and there it works without any problems. So what is wrong?

TMT3 only allows you to select whatever your PC default device is set to. I'd suggest upgrading to TMT5 (which I did over the weekend) as it's much more configurable (it has an AV Device tab now) and it fully supports Blu-Ray 3D, even from ISOs (only any good if you have a 3D TV of course). Anyway, if you are using HDMI why aren't you using HDMI audio? It gives you the option for TrueHD/DTS-Master whereas SPDIF (TOSLink etc.) doesn't.

Tshoco

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi,
    ... I'd suggest upgrading to TMT5 (which I did over the weekend) as it's much more configurable (it has an AV Device tab now) and it fully supports Blu-Ray 3D, even from ISOs (only any good if you have a 3D TV of course). ....(TOSLink etc.) doesn't.

Hi,

is TMT5 still compatible with this Plugin? It's because the plugin is fully support by the X-Factor skin I am using. So there should be a MCE user interface as in TMT3 currently.

Is TMT5 compatible ("out of the box") with the MCE remote?

adelphia

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Home Country

hi,
    ... I'd suggest upgrading to TMT5 (which I did over the weekend) as it's much more configurable (it has an AV Device tab now) and it fully supports Blu-Ray 3D, even from ISOs (only any good if you have a 3D TV of course). ....(TOSLink etc.) doesn't.

Hi,

is TMT5 still compatible with this Plugin? It's because the plugin is fully support by the X-Factor skin I am using. So there should be a MCE user interface as in TMT3 currently.

Is TMT5 compatible ("out of the box") with the MCE remote?

As far as I can tell TMT5 is 100% compatible. I've never (knowingly) used the Arcsoft plugin but it still integrates with MP. I have an MCE remote and it works just as it did with TMT3.

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    TMT5 MCE isn't working properly for me with this plugin, the problem is that TMT5 MCE launches in a window from Media Portal so im always having to click maximize with my mouse...
    But I tried opening TMT5 MCE from outside of Media Portal and it does the same thing so it is Arcsofts fault... grr silly problem

adelphia

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Home Country
    TMT5 MCE isn't working properly for me with this plugin, the problem is that TMT5 MCE launches in a window from Media Portal so im always having to click maximize with my mouse...
    But I tried opening TMT5 MCE from outside of Media Portal and it does the same thing so it is Arcsofts fault... grr silly problem

You need to make sure Auto Full Screen is selected in TMT5, which it isn't by default.

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, here is my edited version of the BluRay Player launcher, base-version is 0.8beta.

What i have changed so far:

- Added maximize window function for TMT5, so it starts in fullscreen mode
    - Changed autoplay behavior, if "show autoplay dialog" is checked you will be asked if the player should be launched
    - Option to change the display refresh rate always to 23.976hz (cause all of my HD-DVDs/BDs have 23.976 fps)
    If this option and the "Change refresh rate to match movie refresh rate" option are checked, and the disc analysis fails, the refresh rate gets changed to 23.976hz aswell.
    - "Change refresh rate to match movie refresh rate" works for BDs and HD-DVDs now (AnyDVD HD required)
    Instead of bdinfo i am using Mediainfo now, only the biggest file on the disc is analysed (cause the analysis was very slow with BDinfo & large number on files on the disc)
    - "remote to keyboard translation" can be disabled now. prevents double keystrokes if IRSS Translator is used.
    - player process now gets properly killed after the player is exited

If the Plugin is launched from "Plugins" or from the main menu:
    - if 0 BD/HDDVD discs are present, the plugin will ask you if you want to start the player.
    - if 1 BD/HDDVD discs are present, the plugin starts the player directly.
    - if 2 (or more) BD/HDDVD discs are present, the plugin will give you a selection box where you can choose which disc you want to play (works with daemon tools, too).

I'm not sure if disc selection works with PowerDVD, too. If anyone uses PowerDVD please report back.

Make sure to check the plugin options when you're "upgrading".

Installation:
    Right now, just replace the "BluRayPlayerLauncher.dll" in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows" as there is no installer.
    I've included 2 new string-files for localisation support (string_en.xml, string_de.xml). But only english and german, maybe someone could translate them :)
    Move them to "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\BluRayPlayerLauncherPlugin".

for IRSS users:
    At least for me the best option for best Remote support is to use the "require focus" option in the "MP Control Plugin" and use the "IRSS Translator" instead.
    For MCE remotes the IRSS Plugin maps some buttons to commands (e.g. launch Mediaportal DVD-Player) instead of translating it to keystrokes.
    That makes some buttons unusable for the internal remote to keyboard translation.
    I've attached a .xml for the IRSS Translator (still haven't found out the "change audio" key in TMT3 for HD-DVDs, for BDs it's working fine).

EDIT:
    i'm sorry, messed up 2 things due to some late changes:
    - fixed: if "Autoplay Blu-Ray" was disabled and "Show Autoplay Dialog" was enabled the autoplay dialog was still shown (same for HD-DVD)
    - fixed: wrong text in the disc selection dialog box (with multiple hd/bd-discs in drive(s))

replaced all the files with the fixed ones.

Attachments

• BluRayPlayerLauncher.dll.zip
      72.1 KB
    • strings_en.xml
      870 bytes
    • strings_de.xml
      926 bytes
    • arcsoft_irss_keymapping.xml
      2.3 KB
    • BluRayPlayerLauncher_Source.zip
      810.2 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

... is this working with tmt3 too?

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes. i am using tmt3 myself, just downloaded tmt5 trial today to make sure it works, too (only found that one bug, but that was tmt5's fault).

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

thanks, so will give it a try next days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom