Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (2 Viewers)

ixdvc

Portal Pro
May 26, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

I did this using EventGhost and a cmd-file. So if you are also using EventGhost you can make a new text document containing the following line:
Code:
taskkill /F /IM PowerDVDCinema10.exe
You save this file with an cmd-extension. Then you create a new macro in EventGhost that opens this cmd-file when e.g. the back button on your remote is pressed.

Data45000

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Here
Home Country
Germany Germany

Is there a solution without experimantels ini files and one EXE File for install? Thats not really user friendly if i had to do so many "nerd" stuff...

Data45000

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Here
Home Country
Germany Germany

It cost time, and think about it - older Users have Problems with so many nerd stuff. Easy way = more Users.

judge25

Portal Member
January 3, 2012
Home Country
I have been using the MacGyver2k / domb last updated bluraylauncher.dll and it works great for me with both Powerdvd11 and TMT5. I use the native display res switcher and disable the one on TMT as I want it to switch to 23hz not 24hz in most cases :D, that way it also works with Powerdvd or TMT.

I do however have one little question?

When I use it with TMT5, when it launches the player it proceeds to then autoplay the disc or iso.

When I use it with Powerdvd11 either classic or cinema versions it opens the player but does not autoplay the title, I need to press play again in the player and it then the disc/iso plays.

I don't have to do this in Windows autoplay it will just launch the player and run the disc (when enabled) so I know it's possible. Tried everything I can think of. Is this a command line in the DLL or something I am missing?

Thanks

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I have been using the MacGyver2k / domb last updated bluraylauncher.dll and it works great for me with both Powerdvd11 and TMT5. I use the native display res switcher and disable the one on TMT as I want it to switch to 23hz not 24hz in most cases :D, that way it also works with Powerdvd or TMT.

I do however have one little question?

When I use it with TMT5, when it launches the player it proceeds to then autoplay the disc or iso.

When I use it with Powerdvd11 either classic or cinema versions it opens the player but does not autoplay the title, I need to press play again in the player and it then the disc/iso plays.

I don't have to do this in Windows autoplay it will just launch the player and run the disc (when enabled) so I know it's possible. Tried everything I can think of. Is this a command line in the DLL or something I am missing?

Thanks

You can try selecting the .exe under Arcsoft and then tick Roxio CinePlayer support. It will send the player the command in a different way. Not sure if it will make any difference but give it a go!

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
October 29, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
TMT3/5 MCE autoplays on startup by default, at least that is what i remember.
PowerDVD does not, but the plugin should send a command to autostart the disc aswell.
Maybe it does not work properly with the latest version, i have never tested powerdvd.

Since there is a work in progress for support of blurays inside mediaportal by tourettes i don't think i will
change anything in the plugin anymore. Just bought a second bluray drive today to help test the plugin :)

btw: Arcsoft TMT 5.2 beta supports 23.976hz. Just take a look into the arcsoft forums, you have to enable it by adding a line into the config file.

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I was thinking about the built in support of Blu-ray in MePo today and I thought this plugin is still incredibly useful. What about people without AnyDVD that want to play blu-rays? The built in player won't work. BD-J won't work either.I've just set this plugin up again and its near perfect except for:

1. Hitting stop or back in the external player won't return to MediaPortal (I'm sure this could be implement with something)
2. It could do with tidying up a bit (for example my poor attempt at adding support for CinePlayer!)

I think you should start a new thread with the latest version myself under a new name that makes it more relevant and maybe somebody will help iron out the bugs?

I might have a look at the code tonight and see if I can add some kind of function to return to MePo on the player being stopped but I'm not a coder so not sure how far I will get!

judge25

Portal Member
January 3, 2012
Home Country
OK tried it with arcsoft with cineplayer support ticked, no go :(

I did check out the command lines to launch and autoplay and is player.exe AUTOPLAY BD "%L"
where %L is driver letter. Tried it and it worked for me.
It's not really a big thing either way. I could probably add it for myself if I can find a compiler (its been a while).

Return to mepo on stop my be a harder one. I have mapped a close active program window key on my remote which really comes in handy and I just use this. There may be times when one may want to stop playback and not actually close the player.
Would be a user preference thing I would guess.

I hope development does continue where needed as domb said, plus I don't believe by what I have read so far that the internal player has no stereoscopic/3d support roadmapped? For me at least 3d support is a big one and I would always need to use an external player until it does. I could be wrong however about 3d support as part of the development :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom