Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (3 Viewers)

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
sorry domb, still no go I'm afraid :sorry:

I find that a bit weird. Have a look at mediaportal.log and post anything related to blu-ray player launcher. there should be something about the string or command it used to start the player...

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
sorry domb, still no go I'm afraid :sorry:

Fixed it! Download from same link. I installed PowerDVD11 so I know it works!

DOWNLOAD

or download this zip:

DOWNLOAD

and copy:

BluRayPlayerLauncher.dll -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows
BluRayPlayerLauncher.xml -> C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\%SKINNAME%
logo_bluray.png -> C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\%SKINNAME%\Media

blurayplugin.jpg

ENJOY!

judge25

Portal Member
January 3, 2012
Home Country
Great domb, working perfectly with all 3 player loaders!

What was the issue, I did some testing and looked at the logging of the previous one and all looked ok. I even managed to get it to work once or twice only. The logs between success and a failure still looked the same :mad:

Anyhow great work! Thanks for all the effort you have put in on this.

For anyone running Powerdvd 11 I suggest pointing the plugin at either Powerdvd11.exe in the Powerdvd11 main directory for classic mode or at PowerDVDCinema11.exe in the PowerDVD11\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema directory for Cinema mode.

Default is for the program to launch PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe which allows you to switch between the 2 and remembers your last setting. However it loads then it loads the .exe of the one you last player type used and closes. When it closes mepo sees it as the program closing and also loads up again, although it will be in the background. Less than idea :)

Also not sure if it is noted earlier in this thread but this plugin will also launch and auto play blu-rays with MPC-HC select Arcsoft as the type of player and point at the MPC-HC executable. Looks like a pretty good option for those who don't have one of the commercial players.

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
basically it checks to see what player you've select and alters the command based on this. I had powerdvd11 support running after the default powerdvd support. Also i buggered up some options in the config. It checks properly now to see that you've chose powerdvd and selected powerdvd11 support. also if you select another player it disables powerdvd11 support and greys out the option anyway.

this is my first go at doing any coding so hope it all works ok!

I've not tested with earlier versions of powerdvd but it should work as before. also not tested arcsoft. If you have any of those please let me know if there is any trouble with them and i'll have another look.

Also I disabled the blank screen when it starts the player. this seemed a bit unnecessary to me as it doesn't wait for the player to load before it unblanks it anyway. i can always put it back if you liked it. made a new skinxml with the bluray logo so you can see what you're on when you go back to mepo.

Enjoy!

Nephilim

Extension Developer
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
First of all, a big thank you.

Please can you post the source code?

Thank you very much.

Bye,
Nephilim

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I will when I get around to it.

I would love to try and fix keyboard translation for CinePlayer. It should work in theory but MePo doesn't interpret the commands unless its in focus, and then CinePlayer doesn't seem to work via sendkeys.

If its ok with the developers of the plugin I might make an extension installer and get it on the mepo extension list?

Data45000

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Here
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

Can you update your first entry for the ownloads please? so the new users dont have to read the hole thread.

Rasputin

Portal Pro
January 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
domb thank your for this plugin!
It works fine with powerdvd 11 and ive got only one question, how can i change the picture for the plugin in homescreen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom