Blue screen with MP2 (1 Viewer)

DavidC

Portal Member
December 19, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thank you for the comment. I'm now under the impression that it is not the hardware anymore (as the hardware is no longer installed) but an issue between the driver and MP2.

The driver was auto installed by a brand new, fresh install of Win10. The driver would be a Win10 specific driver. The driver being "winfast dtv dongle gold bda filter".

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The driver would be a Win10 specific driver
    This did not mean it is a "good" one... Normally such old hardware would not get any new and good drivers at all... The installed driver may be some sort of "generic" driver for e.g. the chipset of your tuner and for this it maybe is not fully compatible with your specific hardware. And a driver that is looking for a device which is not available most likely is making troubles. So to me it sounds really common that you could not get a stable system until you've removed the driver from your system.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    an issue between the driver and MP2
    software cannot cause bluescreens itself. Windows bluescreens if it thinks that something goes wrong internally, and software cannot access these internal things directly.
    What you see is that MP starts after you log on, and TV server tries to communicate with TV tuner driver. The drivers have access to such internals, that can cause bluescreens.
    So it seems that you have problem not with hardware itself (because it is plugged out), but with tuner driver. Try to deinstall it (in safe mode) and then search for similar problems in Internet.
    I guess that ANY software that will try to talk to this driver, will cause bluescreen, just because the driver is faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom