Blue Vision (3 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll see when I get a Chance to do it, but the eventManager is needed to do so.

Morpheus kindly rebased the branch upon "weekly" in the correct way after I did with crowbar :D
    Do you think you can try to extend the model as you proposed until Friday? I will have some time on Friday to work on several topics. After Friday I'm on business trip for 2 weeks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    I'm trying again to set a trigger for the selected (step1) group menu item, that changes the "Description text" next to power bottom.
    But I stuck at the point, how I can transfer the trigger to another screen.

In OtherControls.xaml
    Code:
      <Style x:Key="HomeGroupListViewStyle" BasedOn="{ThemeResource MenuListViewStyle}">
      <Setter Property="ItemsPanel">
      <Setter.Value>
      <ItemsPanelTemplate>
      <StackPanel x:Name="ListItemsHost" IsItemsHost="True" Orientation="Horizontal"/>
      </ItemsPanelTemplate>
      </Setter.Value>
      </Setter>
      <Setter Property="ItemTemplate" Value="{ThemeResource HomeGroupDataTemplate}"/>
      <Setter Property="ItemContainerStyle" Value="{ThemeResource HomeGroupMenuItemContainerStyle}"/>
      <!--Trigger Property="IsSelected" Value="true">
      <Setter x:Name="SelectedItem" Content="{Binding Path=[Name], Converter={StaticResource StringCaseConverter}, ConverterParameter={x:Static apc:StringConversion.LowerCase}}"/>
      </Trigger-->
      </Style>

The "description text" is defined in MasterBare.xaml
    Code:
            <Label x:Name="SelectedItem" Grid.Column="1" Margin="15,4,220,-4" Content="{Binding HomeGroupListViewStyle}"
                  VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Left" FontSize="{ThemeResource BigFontSize}" FontFamily="DefaultBold"
                  Color="{ThemeResource TextColor}">
            </Label>

When I understand this I have to see how to get triggers from the sub menus ...

Last edited:

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the menu on an other Screen, or is it a child control, that is defined in an different XAML file?
    If it is a child control, you could add an Event Trigger for ItemsControl.SelectionChanged Event in the outer Container.

In any case I try to get the implementation in the model done before the Weekend.

One more question:
    You said you want to have this text as a caption of the current Screen.
    Does this mean you Need to set the text of the Group menu item when it's selected, but the text of the actual menu item only when it gets activated (clicked)?
    This would be my guess. This would mean that for the actual menu items it is not the selection changed Event or IsSelected property to react.

The down side I see here, if a Screen is not opened by the menu item, but by a Keyboard shortcut, the heading would not be set, since the menu item was never selected/activated.

So it would be better to bind the caption to the active subscreen. No idea if this makes sens. Just an idea.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the menu on an other Screen, or is it a child control, that is defined in an different XAML file?
    Unfortunately the menu and the "description label" are on different screens /different xaml files.

Does this mean you Need to set the text of the Group menu item when it's selected, but the text of the actual menu item only when it gets activated (clicked)?
    The "description label" should change it's text, when a group menu or sub menu is selected. This means not only a click ,but can also mean a selection by remote control.

The down side I see here, if a Screen is not opened by the menu item, but by a Keyboard shortcut, the heading would not be set, since the menu item was never selected/activated.
    Hmm, havn't thought about it, but it's a good point. I never used keyboard short cuts so far.

So it would be better to bind the caption to the active subscreen. No idea if this makes sens. Just an idea.
    Nice idea and good alternative. But I'm not sure, if for every subscreen a caption is set somewhere. It means also that the screens that show the sub-menu items a caption must be given. Also I couldn't figure out yet, where the screens for sub menus are defined.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 could you please rename the folders and skin name to BlueVision? (And give it another plugin ID) This is required if we like to develop it later in one branch beside ApolloOne.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 could you please rename the folders and skin name to BlueVision? (And give it another plugin ID) This is required if we like to develop it later in one branch beside ApolloOne.
    Sure, will do that tomorrow. When I started last time the project didn't compile anymore. There are really a lot of ApolloOne entries and also there is the ApolloOne.dll. Just changing all related text did not work.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As mentioned it doesn't work. Even all Apollo entries and folders are changed there is one not changable folder remaining in the project file, which always creates an ApolloOne folder in skins during compiling.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
      Unbenannt.png
      14 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Finally project can be build. New Guid for HomeMenuModel had to be given and the Language Ressource ID needed to be changed.
    It's possible to select BlueVision² skin from settings, but still couple of errors, which I can not solve. Currently the screen is only empty. Workflow Manager Model ID can not be found.
    There are to many cross references, which I do not know well about. :(

Additionally Bluevision.dll could not be found during build. I just copied it manually into the folder it was expected to be.
    I think this is also not the correct solution. It should be generated automatically during build.

Attachments

• BlueVision.7z
      6.5 MB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Steps I've taken:
    1. inside BlueVision.csproj I added a new ProjectID, replaced "ApolloOne" by "BlueVision" (this affects default namespace and assembly name)
    2. plugin.xml: Model-Namespace to BlueVision
    3. renamed workflow\ApolloOne-actions.xml to BlueVision.actions.xml
    4. changed namespace of all .cs files (ApolloOne to BlueVision)
    It now builds fine from MP2-Client solution and can be selected as skin

Attachments

• BlueVision.7z
      4.6 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Steps I've taken:
    inside BlueVision.csproj I added a new ProjectID, replaced "ApolloOne" by "BlueVision" (this affects default namespace and assembly name)
    plugin.xml: Model-Namespace to BlueVision
    renamed workflow\ApolloOne-actions.xml to BlueVision.actions.xml
    changed namespace of all .cs files (ApolloOne to BlueVision)
    It now builds fine from MP2-Client solution and can be selected as skin

Thanks. Only one problem remains. If you switch to BlueVision² skin the new main menu does not appear.
    I checked and the changes from Osre are still available in HomeMenuModel.cs and MenuSettings.cs. But it seems, that the skin is referring to the ApolloOne model.
    After deleting the settings (see screenshot) and restarting MP2 with BlueVision, those 2 files are always regenerated with "ApolloOne" in the middle.

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
      Settings.jpg
      270.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom