Blue Vision (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Note: I didn't use the real "currently playing" screens of the player, because we would need to leave the workflow state into CP. And this one depends on the active player. So for now this is a first try to move around the player controls. Ofc we can leave the player controls in footer, I used it only as example!
    I have moved the player controls back to the footer. In plugins we have the CP button when a MI is playing, so there is a workflow state. Can we not just use this one for the "Currently Playing" GroupMenu entry?
    Even if it depends on the active player, it's just another button guiding to the CP screen.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello, i test the mp2 SR2015_U1 quickly :
    noticied for now :
    the button for control video player when is reduced
    upload_2015-9-10_10-39-13.png

using the keyboard only, no mouse
    using arrow, depending from where you come ( on top menu )
    the "<<" and "stop" can be selected with arrow ( left or right )
    come from an other part of skin menu
    the "Pause" or ">>" are selected.
    but you can't select all action with left-right arrows keyboard.

i hope you understand.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have moved the player controls back to the footer. In plugins we have the CP button when a MI is playing, so there is a workflow state. Can we not just use this one for the "Currently Playing" GroupMenu entry?
    Even if it depends on the active player, it's just another button guiding to the CP screen.

I'm not sure what the best way is, my version from yesterday was only one idea. That's why I've put it in another branch.

The CP button will currently appear automatically in the "others" group once a player starts (this is not related to my change). (Same for "fullscreen content"...)

You could already now:
    • copy "master_bare" to "master_bare_cp"
    • remove PlayerControls from master_bare (so they are gone in all other places)
    • use the "master_bare_cp" from CP screen(s)
    Only thing you need to do in meantime is to click twice (others, CP), instead of once.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    using the keyboard only, no mouse
    using arrow, depending from where you come ( on top menu )
    the "<<" and "stop" can be selected with arrow ( left or right )
    come from an other part of skin menu
    the "Pause" or ">>" are selected.
    but you can't select all action with left-right arrows keyboard.
    I think this is the same cause as I had in OSD buttons: due to ScaleTransform (or negative margins) the focusing logic skips one item, because the (visible) next item is overlapping the current.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Only thing you need to do in meantime is to click twice (others, CP), instead of once.
    Maybe with mouse, but what is about remote??? The "others" menu is no proper place for the "CP" at all.. This definitely is something that needs to be in the context menu or the OSD while playing the media... Now I need to click Back (to leave full screen playing) - Green Button to reach the Top Menu - cursor left for multiple times, cursor down and probably more cursor movements. Not usable at all imho...

Also I like the screen and the informations on it, I only have used it for a single reason, making screenshots for the forum. Normally it's way to complicated to reach...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, temporily this would work. But the benefit of the new GroupMenu entry is only available, if it guides to the CP screen with Player controls in the bottom.
    By this all information and controls for playing MI would be in one screen and quickly accessable. Hope that the idea is clear :) But please do not misunderstand, I know it was just a first step you made .. I'm just thinking loudly the next step.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this is the same cause as I had in OSD buttons: due to ScaleTransform (or negative margins) the focusing logic skips one item, because the (visible) next item is overlapping the current.
    Will check later for negative margins and ScaleTransform. I think there is only a ScaleTransform and I'll try to remove it once to see if it's working.
    If still not, there is another bug. As morpheus_xx said, there are other locations with the same.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe with mouse, but what is about remote??? The "others" menu is no proper place for the "CP" at all.. This definitely is something that needs to be in the context menu or the OSD while playing the media... Now I need to click Back (to leave full screen playing) - Green Button to reach the Top Menu - cursor left for multiple times, cursor down and probably more cursor movements. Not usable at all imho...
    I know this. The group "others" is not the best solution for the dynamic nature of MP2 and its workflow states/navigation. It's already a compromise to combine a "fixed" layout with a dynamic number of menu options.

I will add the CP button on top, that's why I wrote "in meantime". It was intended for @ge2301 to know he can work on the screen changes I suggested, and for the button I'll take care later.

One suggestion for @Lehmden, if you have a "spare key" on your Remote, map it to "C" :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    if you have a "spare key"
    Maybe one of the four "colour buttons" from teletext. all others are in usage..
    But seriously, I really don't know how to remap a key. As I always used MCE remote I never was in a need to do so.. By the way, I would love to have the "Blue" key to cycle through the zoom states (Normal, Original, 14:9, Zoom,...) and the "red" to switch between full screen playback and normal view. as it was in MP1. Is this possible with remapping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom