Blue3 Retro (3 Viewers)

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Thanks Peter2, I am actually producing a version using the Blue 2 background, as this colour comes across really well on my Plasma. If I am happy with it, will just include it in the Blue3 download file. If I do not have to change the font colour back to white, will just mean the media folder and myhome XML's. Still have to try it on my HTPC.

MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Blue3 Retro Lite

MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Blue3wide Retro Lite

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
A Choice Of Colours

A preview of some different colours that will be available with Blue3 Retro/Blue3wide Retro in the near future. Just a matter of saving the relevant information to the main file.

My music is in the WAV format, so I do not get the information available to the MP3 format, although I used to get this information with MediaPortal 0.2.3.0, have queried this fact.

The screen prints are Blue3 Retro.

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Now available with four background colour choices, three plus default, and supporting media.

Just noticed, have not changed the XML documents to add the swirl effect on colour 03, for Blue3wide Retro. Will attach modified XML documents to this thread, in the next couple of days.

Mr.D

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
Home Country
No change in color scheme

I seem to be having an issue with the new background colors no being applied. Only the MP startup screen background changes to the selected color but not the rest of the skin. I have checked the cache folder and it's emtpy (show hidden folders is selected). Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using MP1.0.0.0 on XP

Any help is appreciated.

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
I seem to be having an issue with the new background colors no being applied. Only the MP startup screen background changes to the selected color but not the rest of the skin. I have checked the cache folder and it's emtpy (show hidden folders is selected). Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using MP1.0.0.0 on XP

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Mr D,

As you probably know, all you are doing is changing one Media folder for another, that is the new colour. You can actually rename the existing Media folder to something like Media 01, and then save the new Media folder to the skin, but you need to clear the skincachefolder otherwise the old colours still display.

A simple way to find these folders is to do a Search for cache and it is usually the fifth or sixth folder displayed, double click, and delete the displayed files.

I am going to add some XML files as well in the near future for the TVMiniGuide and Dialogue Menue, mainly to change some colours to suit the darker backgrounds.

If You are still having problems please post. I have these skins setup, but have tried saving the new Media folders, and did not have any problems, but will try again, just to make sure :).

Regards

Mr.D

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for the reply.

That's what I did with no joy. It seems to be an issue with that one PC as I tried it yesterday on another and it worked without a glitch. Really like the black background on my 46" LCD, great work. Thanks again.

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Good to hear that it comes up well on the Wide Screen LCD. Maybe there are some corrupt files, on that particular computer.

Blenno

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sudoku Number Color

Hello,
    Thank you for this skin. It's the first one that I've tried. I really like the darker background, but it makes it impossible to play Sudoku because of the black numbers in the game. Would you know how to change the numbers to a lighter color?

Thanks,

Steve.

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello,
    Thank you for this skin. It's the first one that I've tried. I really like the darker background, but it makes it impossible to play Sudoku because of the black numbers in the game. Would you know how to change the numbers to a lighter color?

Thanks,

Steve.

Sorry about that, I do not play this game so have not picked up this problem. Will fix the XML file in the next day or so, plus change the XML files for the TVMiniGuide and Dialogue Menue, to change some colours to suit the darker backgrounds. Similar problem but only affects one word on each screen, for example, the word Menu, also in black print.

Regards and thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom