BlueTwo mods 'Gold' & 'Dark blue steel' (1 Viewer)

eLow

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
The Netherlands
Hi all,

This weekend I spent some time tweaking Samsonite's BlueTwo skin. I changed the color of the buddies and icons, and also some graphics to be able to use random backgrounds. The result:

pwettycolors.jpg

You can download the complete skin here. By default it has a black background.

You can replace the background.png in the \media directory of the skin with one of these to match the screen with the color of your couch. 8)

It's based on the 0.1.0.8 version of the BlueTwo skin for Media Portal.

Hope you like it. Please notify me of any probems regarding colors. BTW, I might also do one with little green men. :)

Edit: Zip file updated with a few higher contrast images for the tvguide.

eLow

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
The Netherlands
Samsonite said:
Really nice, good work.

Thanks!

Just came across something. In the tv guide, future items have black text. I'd like to change that color to white, but can't find any reference to it in mytvguide.xml. Do you know if/where it's defined?

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
Very Nice work :)
Long life to the new M-P's artist !
These original new colours allow M-P to be truly different from the other HTPC front-ends !

Nice talking about couch colour !
..and...not very far from this domain.... what about a new Emerald light green to match with the eyes of my girlfriend ?
;) ;) ;)

eLow

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
The Netherlands
Jean-Max said:
Very Nice work :)

Thanks!

Jean-Max said:
..and...not very far from this domain.... what about a new Emerald light green to match with the eyes of my girl friend ?
;) ;) ;)

:) That's easy! Just rename your girlfriend background.png and put her in the \media directory ;-)

(or use this one...looks better with blue buddies though)

ordinary73

Portal Member
October 9, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Looks awesome! Spectacular! Mainly the black and dark red one.

(I hope MP gets a full skin-selector soon for easy import of skins. To ask for the couch color could become one big slogan for MP :) )

eLow

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
The Netherlands
ordinary73 said:
Looks awesome! Spectacular! Mainly the black and dark red one.

That's the beauty of multiple backgrounds. Just pick your color. 8)

Right now I'm experimenting with something blue steel-ish. The preview:

bluesteelpreview.jpg

I'll post it here when I'm satisfied with the result.

Pingus

Portal Member
February 2, 2005
Denmark
Re: BlueTwo mod gold: what color is your couch? :)

eLow said:
Hi all,

Hope you like it. Please notify me of any probems regarding colors. BTW, I might also do one with little green men. :)

Hi eLow, I join the "this skin is great" community .. special black looks awesome on my TV !!

But, I ran into 2 "minor" color problems, both related to the TV Guide:

1. The colors that in the orig. Blue skin shows "whats on" in lighter colors, your skin uses a darker color which is'nt so easy to see, they need to be more different (lighter/darker).

2. When I press the Record bottom in the orig. Blue skin I see a Red dot, in the black skin, I see half a bottom but only when i move the curser away from the program I would like to record.

Minor details, but if they were fixes, I personally find this skin the prefferred skin on my system!

Keep up the EXELLENT work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom