Broken episode thumbnail crashes MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Mystery solved:

If the thumbnail downloaded from thetvdb is broken (can't be viewed), MediaPortal will crash when the plugin tries to display it.

Original post:

This is what happens. If you have the 5th episode of the show American Gods, and browse to it in MP TV-Series, I get the "Mediaportal has stopped working" crash. Every release of this episode I've tried seem to do this, so I wonder if it's in the episode description?

American Gods: Lemon Scented You

To test, try to rename a random video file to American.Gods.S01E05.mkv and import it.

Emph

Last edited:

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

To meet my naming convention - renamed as "05 - American Gods.mkv" - but in all other respects, assume same - runs to completion on import without issue for me.

Confirmed 'media portal stopped' on playing [1.1.17 PRE]

Playing in media play however works BUT clear the encoding is off in some respect - open in MPC and go to end and look at credits - off centre and off screen to left - looks to be incorrectly cropped:-<

Cheers - JCMP

Wishishi

May 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Same crash here, with all the different files i can get my hands on. E6 works tho.
    Have to re-encode it or something to make it work?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Same crash here, with all the different files i can get my hands on. E6 works tho.
    Have to re-encode it or something to make it work?

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the encoding of the video, as I tried renaming a working file to American Gods S01EO5 and it crashes when you select it in the MediaPortal GUI. If you for example enter the American Gods season 1 view and browse down from episode 1 to 5, it won't crash until you've reached episode 5.

Emph

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Found HD version.

Tested in MePo 'My Videos" - plays AOK, immediate crash if I try with MPTVSeries.

Out of interest, recoding in Handbreak to MP4 - will post when I have tested and checking S01E06 as well - interesting quirk:)

Also - remember in my 1st post - I renamed the SRC file to "05 - American Gods" - so beyond bizarre that naming a working file to caused problems as well................... o_O:confused:

and a bit more.........
    Now really odd - I swapped "02 - America Gods.avi" and "05 - American Gods.mkv", re-imported and behold it is STILL the claimed "05" version that crashed MePo - so clearly NOT the encoding:cool:. Could this be a problem with the TheTVdb.com entry, for me it's the only common entity left :sneaky:

TTFN - JCMP

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, it's not the video file, but appears to be due to the scraped data from thetvdb. My kids are watching Yogi Bear right now, so I can't perform any more tests, but what does the extended information say in the "Mediaportal has stopped working" message?

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom