Browse The Web / Webbrowser (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's going to be quite a change, not sure if I can find the time to do that, and what the end result would be.
    As far as I'm concerned, I really like the way I can type numbers on my remote for navigation, and I'm not willing to sacrifice that functionality.
    So, at best, this is going to be a very low-prio item on my todo list :sorry:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any other forum members that have any suggestions?

I have a BIG suggestion. There is an open source browser based on Mozilla called Kylo with a fully-integrated 10-foot interface. However, as far as I know, it does not fully support a remote, but does have some remote keys supported. This leads me to believe you could change course and use it as the basis for your plugin. They might even work with you to get into the MP community.

I'm a mouse user and I use Kylo a lot, but I just kill MP and restart when I'm done. But an integrated solution would be better, of course. I had it working with the launcher plugin that I can't remember the name of (or find), but it wasn't really integrated in MP that way, so now I just keep the icons for MP, Kylo, and Hulu on the TV's desktop and kill/start as needed.

Ok...great. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get a hold of Kylo and get back to you.

Regards.
    smiley-greet013.gif
    [DOUBLEPOST=1348334374][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's going to be quite a change, not sure if I can find the time to do that, and what the end result would be.
    As far as I'm concerned, I really like the way I can type numbers on my remote for navigation, and I'm not willing to sacrifice that functionality.
    So, at best, this is going to be a very low-prio item on my todo list :sorry:

Please keep the "opening local file" thing on your list.
    smiley-excited001.gif
    This would be useful for so many reasons, launching apps, docs, etc.

I have tried Opera as the browser for MP ( it opens local files ) but it tells me I have the wrong version of Flash installed ( which I haven't ) and seems to launch as an external window and not within MP. So, when I hit "escape" or "back" it stays open and I have to hit "alt/tab" to the Opera window and close it down before I can continue to use MP!!!???

Not wanting to be pushy ( but I am
    smiley-ashamed002.gif
    ) whereabouts is this on your list?

Regards.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    smiley-excited001.gif

I have tried Opera as the browser for MP ( it opens local files ) but it tells me I have the wrong version of Flash installed ( which I haven't ) and seems to launch as an external window and not within MP. So, when I hit "escape" or "back" it stays open and I have to hit "alt/tab" to the Opera window and close it down before I can continue to use MP!!!???

smiley-ashamed002.gif

Regards.

It's at the top of the browsetheweb part (but that's below the onlinevideos pio-part)
    Long story short, after I've fixed the yle.areena for onlinevideos I'll start on the local urls

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    smiley-excited001.gif

smiley-ashamed002.gif

Regards.

It's at the top of the browsetheweb part (but that's below the onlinevideos pio-part)
    Long story short, after I've fixed the yle.areena for onlinevideos I'll start on the local urls

Great news sir!
    smiley-bounce016.gif

I have no idea what you meant about the OnlineVideos issue...but I'm a happy boy!

I'll release my "little addition" to WW as a community mod as soon as you've added local links. For now, for me, I think I'll just upload a webpage and add the url to WW to play my weather forecasts.

Regards.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Glad to see your issue resolved!

I do maintain some sites for the onlinevideos plugin, and one of them was broken, so they go to the top of my list.

I was just starting to investigate the file:// stuff, but I don't know what the problem was. I have put a local html file in my bookmarks, and selecting it displayed the page correctly.
    So either the issue wasn't in the file:// url, and I can remove it from my todolist, or my test wasn't accurate, in which case: could you elaborate on the exact use?

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Glad to see your issue resolved!

I do maintain some sites for the onlinevideos plugin, and one of them was broken, so they go to the top of my list.

I was just starting to investigate the file:// stuff, but I don't know what the problem was. I have put a local html file in my bookmarks, and selecting it displayed the page correctly.
    So either the issue wasn't in the file:// url, and I can remove it from my todolist, or my test wasn't accurate, in which case: could you elaborate on the exact use?

OK...at the moment I have added links to BBC weather video streams in the "Map" section of WW......Capture.PNG......which gives me the following result......

Capture1.PNG

What I want to see is the weather forecast streams in fullscreen (or thereabouts), rather than viewing the whole webpage and having to enter fullscreen by physically interacting with the Flash player with my mouse.

I have tried parsing the BBC weather website but the url's for the streaming videos seem to be hidden. Also, editing every skin to have an extra button to open OnlineVideos to play weather forecasts is a lot of work. So, my idea was to use the open source Flash player Flowplayer, embed it into a local webpage and add the link to one of the "Map" config boxes in WW. (Personally, I don't need 4 maps in WW and I think being able to watch the most recent weather forecast streams from whatever source is much more desirable).

So, depending on the layout of the local webpage a user could have a link to one or several weather forecast streams within the same html, ie. London weather, UK weather, European weather and World weather. As Flowplayer is open source and user configurable it is just a matter of changing the links in the html file and changing the style sheet to suit the skin...a lot less work than modifying skins themselves. For example......

Capture2.PNG......so, a user could have 4 weather forecast streams within one link, ie. London weather, UK weather, European weather and World weather, or one stream per link dependent on their needs.

I've created my own local html. (early days).....Capture3.PNG......but when adding the link in the "Map" section of WW I have the following error......

Capture4.PNG

I have added the local folder containing all the video files and Flowplayer files to Adobe security settings. It will play outside MP in IE after "allowing blocked content"......Capture5.PNG......but it won't play in Chrome, Firefox or MP (BrowseTheWeb), or even in Dreamweaver CS6. I get the following error......

Capture6.PNG

My "community mod" would include Flowplayer files (or equivalent), alternative *.css files for different skins, list of links for Country specified weather forecast streams and an external application to download forecast streams at user given times throughout the day so as the stream is always the most recent.

An easy alternative would be for BrowseTheWeb to play rtmp....for the BBC the links are....

rtmp://cp45413.edgefcs.net:80/ondemand?auth=daEbSdGdcdPcObedUbMa7aqaJcAd1baaxbm-bqv8lt-bWG-FqnGCqxpFCrHtxK&aifp=v001&slist=public/mps_h264_med/public/weather_bulletins/weather_uk_london/911000/911075_16x9_NewsWebMP4_800k.mp4

rtmp://cp45413.edgefcs.net:1935/ondemand?auth=daEb8c_aObAcrdodBdodiarbTbhcvckdXdU-bqv8EM-bWG-BpoDAoCpMErHuzG&aifp=v001&slist=public/mps_h264_med/public/weather_bulletins/weather_uk/911000/911142_16x9_NewsWebMP4_800k.mp4
    Hope this explains what I'm trying to do.
    smiley-greet013.gif

P.S. Are you using my OnlineVideos website and OnlineVideos alternative Country Logo packs for your system?
    smiley-greet009.gif

Regards.

Last edited:

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    How do i get it in my MENU ??
    Streamedmp is my skinn

i have looked in the menu editor, its not there..
    i have press the botton to see xml files, its no there?
    ive installed the sucker, but cannot get it in my MePo menu..
    there needs to be how to do this in your download page, im sure there are others like me that cannot get it to work..

thank

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    How do i get it in my MENU ??
    Streamedmp is my skinn

i have looked in the menu editor, its not there..
    i have press the botton to see xml files, its no there?
    ive installed the sucker, but cannot get it in my MePo menu..
    there needs to be how to do this in your download page, im sure there are others like me that cannot get it to work..

thank

Got it working by copying the XML file from default wide skin..

issues.
    1. it does not fit my screen its much smaller?
    2. youtube leanback, witch was what i wantet to use it for does not work, its reporting the brower is to old or unsuported :(

sad sad panda..

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For skin issues, please ask the question in the skin-forum, and for old version: I'm still waiting for a newer browser-core that works as I expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom