Browse The Web / Webbrowser (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you're playing videos originating from the web, why not use onlinevideos?

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Mmmm ok so.... lets see what we can do

This is the exact line I use myself here: <URL>file://///Manray/c/wdisplay/webfiles/Vallymount.htm</URL>

Just double checked and this is pulling the file from my server. Maybe you can have a play around with your setup? Note that the link ends in ".htm" and the file is NOT in "Program Files" and in a seperate folder on C:

edit: just noticed that you are using a local file while I'm using a network share. Maybe try this: file://///127.0.0.1/C/Program%20Files/Flowplayer/Weather%20Forecasts.html

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you're playing videos originating from the web, why not use onlinevideos?

I've given OnlineVideos a go with parsing but BBC weather videos seem to be hidden. I've used a network sniffer to obtain the urls and my thoughts are that a plugin would be more user friendly as once one has their url for any given video one can simply edit the html and add the link in the Browser Map section in WW. Also, the open source Flowplayer is user configurable and opens up options that aren't available with OnlineVideos.

For example...

Capture.PNG

So, one could have several videos on one page such as London forecast, UK forecast, European forecast and World forecast.[DOUBLEPOST=1348180635][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Mmmm ok so.... lets see what we can do

This is the exact line I use myself here: <URL>file://///Manray/c/wdisplay/webfiles/Vallymount.htm</URL>

Just double checked and this is pulling the file from my server. Maybe you can have a play around with your setup? Note that the link ends in ".htm" and the file is NOT in "Program Files" and in a seperate folder on C:

edit: just noticed that you are using a local file while I'm using a network share. Maybe try this: file://///127.0.0.1/C/Program%20Files/Flowplayer/Weather%20Forecasts.html

Still no joy sir.....

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Regards.

Last edited:

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Ok so did some more digging and I see that your trying to get a local file to display from the weather plugin, I missed that bit before. Well it's this that is the problem and what I've been giving you will work as a link via bookmarks correctly. Actually what you had originaly works fine as bookmark link too. The problem seems to be World Weather rather then BTW.

There is a way around this by editing a skin file to add your own button to start BTW with a local link.

Quick example if you want to try this, add this to the weather skin, you may need to adjust it. A quick test here shows it works, even set up the same file and location that you have!

Code:
    <control>
      <description>Test BTW link</description>
      <type>button</type>
      <id>6666</id>
      <posX>100</posX>
      <posY>100</posY>
      <label>TEST</label>
      <hyperlink>54537689</hyperlink>
      <hyperlinkParameter>file:///C:/Program%20Files/Flowplayer/Weather%20Forecasts.html</hyperlinkParameter>
      <visible>yes</visible>
    </control>

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Looks like the link is now loading but something else is going wrong. Not sure if I can be any more help.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So can I remove this from the todo list, and perhaps put an entry in the faq with the solution? (and what exactly was the solution?)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks like the link is now loading but something else is going wrong. Not sure if I can be any more help.

Many thanks for your input.

Is there any other forum members that have any suggestions?

Regards.[DOUBLEPOST=1348247087][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So can I remove this from the todo list, and perhaps put an entry in the faq with the solution? (and what exactly was the solution?)

Please still put it at the top of your "to do" list!
    smiley-love011.gif

I still haven't resolved why the video is blocked from playing and although adding an extra button in the skin file works this would mean that every skin file would have to be modified. My thoughts are that it would be much more user friendly to just be able to add the link to the local webpage in WW config. I have mine in the "Map" section of the config as I do not really need four links to maps, the links could also be put in the "Self defined" section of the "Weather Images"

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there any other forum members that have any suggestions?

I have a BIG suggestion. There is an open source browser based on Mozilla called Kylo with a fully-integrated 10-foot interface. However, as far as I know, it does not fully support a remote, but does have some remote keys supported. This leads me to believe you could change course and use it as the basis for your plugin. They might even work with you to get into the MP community.

I'm a mouse user and I use Kylo a lot, but I just kill MP and restart when I'm done. But an integrated solution would be better, of course. I had it working with the launcher plugin that I can't remember the name of (or find), but it wasn't really integrated in MP that way, so now I just keep the icons for MP, Kylo, and Hulu on the TV's desktop and kill/start as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom