Browse The Web / Webbrowser (4 Viewers)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

i have a problem and maybe there is a Method to use Videos in the brwoser. Here you can see the screen, when i will play a video. Maybe i can get the flashplayer addon working for this plugin ?

Attachments

• browsetheweb.PNG
      browsetheweb.PNG
      62.1 KB

ms1964

Portal Member
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Folks,

if anybody is interested in getting rid of ads when using this plugin, I found a workaround.

Download the filterproxy "BFilter" from here : http://bfilter.sourceforge.net/download.php
    Install BFilter and let it start with Windows.
    From the tray icon goto the basic configuration and set the port to 8080 and choose "remove ads completely where it is safe".

Now start the MediaPortal configuration and goto the configuration of "Browse The Web".
    On the proxy tab choose "activate proxy", set proxy to 127.0.0.1, set port to 8080 and click OK.

You are done.

Furthermore it should be possibe to import the filters from adblock the famous Firefox plugin.
    I have not tried that yet, but when I figured out how to do this I will post it.
    So far BFilter works ok for me out of the box.

Cheers,
    ms

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello, can you make it work for the new skin Titan for the 1.3 Beta, that would be very great !!!

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does it look a bit like the other screens if the skin files from other skins are used?
    If so, I can make sure those files get installed in the correct folder.

If not, has anybody changed them according to the titan-look, and is willing to post them here? Then I can include those files in the installer

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use the streamedmp files right now, and i see no errors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom