BUG-4110: playing videos inside "pictures" section is not working well (2 Viewers)

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi Sebastiii,
Just tested v17.
I did not test with the radio.
everything works well.
One thing I've noticed, but I do not know if I can reproduce.
If you go fast forward(f8) just for the video, mediaportal freezes on the last slide for the video.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you go fast forward(f8) just for the video, mediaportal freezes on the last slide for the video.

As with everything else, ideally we need logs in case not everyone can reproduce this.

Does MP then hang, or can you just hit 'stop' ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have try to cache radiostream but it didn't work there so many link with server (if another user take can etc. etc.)
    So for now no radio resume :(.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi.
    During slideshow and playing music, it would be useful to be able to see the name of the picture on the screen.
    Thanks.

I suspect that most people would disagree. I don't care what the picture is called - I can stop the slideshow, and find the picture in the other views if I need to. MP is for viewing the media, not for manipulating the media, so it isn't going to be the best tool to work out what a particular picture is called (presumably so that you can then do something - editing? - with it).

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have captured the screen issues. (skin is default wide)
    First ff before playing a film with MyVideo
    Second after the film (Title of the film was "About a boy: oder der Tag der toten Ente")
    Third the popup that is to small.
    ff_bevore_MyVideo.pngff_after_MyVideo.pngslideshow_popup_to_small.png[DOUBLEPOST=1356550691][/DOUBLEPOST]My thoughts about the radio thing:

From my point of view pausing the radio is the second best solution for the user (Radio stations are telling what time is at least 10 times per hour. If the stream was paused they are telling the wrong time ;-)) and probably more difficult to implement. But what about stopping ant starting the stream again?

Last edited:

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

Hi.
    During slideshow and playing music, it would be useful to be able to see the name of the picture on the screen.
    Thanks.

I suspect that most people would disagree. I don't care what the picture is called - I can stop the slideshow, and find the picture in the other views if I need to. MP is for viewing the media, not for manipulating the media, so it isn't going to be the best tool to work out what a particular picture is called (presumably so that you can then do something - editing? - with it).

Let us first ask whether it is possible at this time.
    If its possible, can we not switch this option on and off in the configuration.
    This option could be helpful for deaf people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom