ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

I've attached an image to try and explain better. (Though when trying to do this the progress bar down the screen was not too far out so I haven't included it. The screenshot shows lots of programmes that start at the same time but are at different start points on the epg. It also shows how the times across the top of the screen rarely match the actual programme time for the shows underneath. When scrolling through time in the EPG as the time text is static as the epg scrolls underneath it becomes hard to see what times the programmes will start as they do not match. The programmes with yellow bars all start at the same time and so should be in a line. I've annotated across the top what time those programmes start to show the times not matching the top row.

Thanks for your time & hope this helps.

(I'll also try and get some logs of the other issue with the cover art not scrolling in TV series and Movies view shortly)
    View attachment 190161
    Thanks for the screenshot, now it's clear. I think I got the root cause of this. We introduced settings to configure what to be shown among logo, channel name and #. You have removed the channel names, so the width is reduced. But it seems, that the start point of the epg time axis is fixed and not considering the settings. Of have you modified something manually? The Group Button looks too small, so I ask?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 I think this is not skin dependend, as I explained above:
    I can confirm this: it happens in some cases only when there are many short programs and the run times are rounded. This can lead to few small shifts in program start. Moving the visible time frame already solves this (new start/end calculation, new rounding).

I could not fix this yet, but it is also only a minor visual glitch.
    This applies at least to the vertical offsets, that are out in some parts.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I checked my local branch and can not reproduce it. My previous guess was wrong. The start point of the EPG is shifting with different content settings and it's always starting right at the beginning. In your screenshot it looks different. I think you did some manual xaml editing, didn't you? :)
    Unbenannt.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This applies at least to the vertical offsets, that are out in some parts.
    But we see horizontal offsets, I'm not sure what you mean with vertial offsets. And the offset is quite huge, I've never seen it. I see the time axis always start in the very beginning.
    upload_2017-5-16_22-26-3.png

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, these are 2 different issues.
    how is the time offset calculated? does it consider the settings, how many hours are visible?

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi @ge2301
    Thanks for your fast reply. Regarding the offset in times on the grid - The only things I have changed are the background image and changed the font size to make it smaller. No other code has been touched. I can reproduce it on a client pc which had had no changes made to MP at all.

The only setting different to your shot above is that I have the channel name and number turned off - but the guide did the uneven start times even before this was an option in the final mp2.1.

I guess the times across the top are affected by the cell with the logo being autosized smaller with the text not present - which is why they are offset. I just tried to change it to show logo and channel name, to see if that realigned the times on the top, but the channel name doesn't seem to want to come back!!

It seems @morpheus_xx is aware of this, and it very much depends on there being a mix of different length programmes.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, these are 2 different issues.
    how is the time offset calculated? does it consider the settings, how many hours are visible?
    Yes, it does. I just checked it and you can also see in my doube screenshot above that it works.
    The axis starts always with the first "program grid". see here

Edit: I'll change the number of rows to see the effect, I never did that. I'll change it also to 11 and see
    --> Same, everything works here correctly

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your fast reply. Regarding the offset in times on the grid - The only things I have changed are the background image and changed the font size to make it smaller. No other code has been touched. I can reproduce it on a client pc which had had no changes made to MP at all.
    To be sure, could you backup your wmc skin files in \Plugins\SlimTv.Client\Skin\ and replace it once with the attached package.
    This is the latest original package. Thanks!

Attachments

• WMCSkin.7z
      36.7 KB

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    OK so this is with the wmc folder removed and replaced with your version. The channel names gave come back, but haven't resized the cell its in, and the time has stayed over to the side
    20170516_205524.jpg

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    For info: I have tried changing to just having either name, number, logo showing and may 2 of them, or all 3 and the cell doesn't resize to fit it all in. The big of not being able to display the channel name seems fixed in your version, but the cell size won't budge

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom