Bug and Problem Reports (1 Viewer)

The Solutor

Portal Pro
August 25, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Please see here. You need to remove one folder.

I'll try when I'll be back home, thanks.

I think double clicks can not be captured, I need to check for such parameter.

Like I said I don't think that being 100% consistent with wmc in this very detail is needed/worth, could be just a single click to go to the epg or left to epg, right to channels or whatever.... better to have a duplication than a missing command.

In short the mouse usability should be the first concern for WMC skin. Mediaportal (and Kodi and...) are plenty of good looking skins, many of them have a very nice UI but often they are really poor in UX.

The WMC skin is a nice exception, it has already a very good subset of what the real WMC does, it's just the best, not because the colors and the layout, it's the best because it mimics something done well. WMC is usable very well via remote, via keyboard shortcut and via a pointing device (which isn't just a mouse, but also touch screens, trackballs, pens aand so on), so WMC skin should do the same.

Btw. @The Solutor If you enter TV from Full EPG and press the "back" button, you'll always return to Full EPG. Before it was not like that, so this might help you already.

Indeed, it's the same for the real WMC, which has the the direct button as well. IF is the keyword here... ;)

Edit:

One more thing. Speaking about mouse usability, the windows control buttons (minimize/close/....) should be visible when playing full screen video/Live TV, but they are not there, they are way too small anyway where they appears.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    10. The screen saver clock irritates me very much with the bullet points revolving around the clock. I think it would be much nicer without these bullet points...
    I removed the bullet points from the screen saver and also implemented the WMC busy symbol instead of the metro style with moving bullet points.
    busy.png

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hello, not sure if this is a skin thing or a MP thing, but when deleting recorded TV items a new popup appears, but the wording isn't quite right. It says something like "are you sure to finally delete this" which doesn't really make sense when something like "Are you sure you want to delete this?" would be a better sentence.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    not sure if this is a skin thing or a MP thing
    The string is part of the code, hence the latter.

@morpheus_xx , would you mind changing the English string definition?
    when deleting recorded TV items a new popup appears, but the wording isn't quite right. It says something like "are you sure to finally delete this" which doesn't really make sense when something like "Are you sure you want to delete this?" would be a better sentence.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Are you sure that you want to delete this item? This cannot be undone."

But I would suggest to let the native speaker @Anthony Parry propose a wording.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks @Anthony Parry for your feedback, it's very appreciated (y)
    This string and another from BluRay handler was changed and pushed to TX.

@HTPCSourcer I just have seen that replacing the source language string leads to discarding all available translations :( This means translators must restore the translated version of each string (fortunately there is a history method). We should avoid such changes in future, if possible.

RoadBlock2000

Portal Member
    September 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I've upgraded from v2.1.1 to v2.1.2 today and find that when playing live TV I get the 'back' & 'home' buttons on the screen (top left corner) all the time.

Capture.PNG

If I switch to BlueVision there are no on screen icons that remain after the timeout, they are only present within the WMC skin.

I can't see any configurable options for this (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). Is it a bug? Ideally I'd like to see these icons disappear after a timeout to remove any risk of screen burn.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom