Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

please post here your bug reports or suggestions.
    • For bugs please describe the problem detailed enough, sometimes a screenshot can help a lot. Please be aware, that BlueVision is a skin, so only skin related problems can be handled here.
    • If you have any improvement suggestions or feature requests, please also post them here. I'm open for everything, but of course can not implement everything. Some features demand code changes in the backend and depend not only on me and some changes could influence the design in an unintended way.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Two days ago I started using your skin :)
    One thing that bothers me is if you are going into a Tv Show you don't have like:
    Season 1
    Season 2
    Season ...

But you have all episods listed there and you have to scroll through all this :/ I don't actually know if this is a skin related problem^^

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    One thing that bothers me is if you are going into a Tv Show you don't have like:
    Season 1
    Season 2
    Season ...

But you have all episods listed there and you have to scroll through all this :/ I don't actually know if this is a skin related problem^^

You just have to change the filter. In the view where you see all episodes you can just set the filter to "Seasons".

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Season 1
    Season 2
    Season ...

You just have to change the filter. In the view where you see all episodes you can just set the filter to "Seasons".
    Yep, this is the right explanation. But this allows still not additional series and season information. To implement those the magic word is again MIA rework, which needs to be completed. MrTechno is hardly working on this :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The video background is supported in Reflexion and Titanium skins
    Just read this in a different post. What is about supporting background video in BlueVision too? We can use the "grey" background image with transparency as an overlay to keep things readable...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Hi.
    The video background is supported in Reflexion and Titanium skins
    Just read this in a different post. What is about supporting background video in BlueVision too? We can use the "grey" background image with transparency as an overlay to keep things readable...
    For default theme I do not plan to implement this, but of course you can do it for the gray theme.
    Just copy the background folder into your theme folder https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...sion/Skin/BlueVision/themes/Win10/backgrounds
    The only additional thing is applying an overlay with the wished transparency on top. For background videos I would add before "</Grid.Background>" https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...0/backgrounds/default-background.xaml#L23-L25
    following:
    XML:
    <Border HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Opacity="0.9" >
    <Border.Background>
    <ImageBrushImageSource="background.png" Stretch="Fill"/>
    </Border.Background>

I'm with business laptop and can not try it, but should work.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    I'd like to propose a new feature helping new users. Some screens will have help information in a popup dialogue, when pressing the "help" button (additionally help option in the context menu).
    This dialoge will offer some basic help information and show the mapped keys for the actual screen.

Here an example for the TV screen as mock-up:
    upload_2015-10-23_13-51-55.png

What do you think about it? The content and format would be skin specific.
    @FreakyJ not sure about the keymappings. In case somebody changed the mapping, the content should be automatically change. Hope that can be possible.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is like this (at least I hope that I am right): Mp defines virtual keys like key.Home.
    Plugins than listen to these keys.
    My Plugin just maps real keys from an input device to these virtual keys. Does that make sense?

In general the MP2 Navigation is not the best. While developing this one really focused to use a mice instead a remote. If you ask me the MP2 InputManager needs an overhaul. And these virtual keys should be replaced my real keys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom