Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As I'm planing a new theme for BV, based on the Win10 theme but with not that abstract graphics and some more transparency effects. And I would like to change positions and sizes of some elements. E.g. I would like to have the main menu on bottom of the screen below the footer content area. First I wanted it named "Windows 7 Theme" ;) , but I think I will find a different name for it.

I would need (like) to exchange the backdrop image depending on which group of the main menu is shown. Can this be achieved without touching the C# code?

At the moment I'm searching for graphics and backdrops to use. The xaml coding (it's very optimistic to think that I'm ever be able to do so ;) ) I want to start once the Win10 theme is finished so I don't need to update my theme that often...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cool.:cool:
    When I need it, I definitely will ask you how...:whistle:

Yesterday I've started to fiddle with the xaml a bit. As soon as I can show a very first result I will do. Only thing I've completed so far is the splash screen. :D

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx

I found the reason of the overlapping help texts. I was a change you asked me for, but it does not work. (Your change in the model is ok, but my change is not working)
    XML:
      <Label.Visibility>
      <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource ExpressionMultiValueConverter}" ConverterParameter="{} {0} &amp; {1}">
      <Binding Source="{StaticResource MenuModel}" Path="IsHomeScreen"/>
      <Binding Source="{StaticResource MenuModel}" Path="!IsHome"/>
      </MultiBinding>
      </Label.Visibility>
      </Label>

I think the AND must be an OR, but there is no OR operator in xaml according to MSDN overviews.
    Please tell me how to change it.

thanks

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the expression is right, but the "Visibility" property is not type "bool". You need to use "IsVisible", this should fix the issue.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please also check the ConverterParameter, example: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...olloOne/screens/FullscreenContentDVD.xaml#L58

There need to be 2 &amp; (html encoded "&").

And I missed your question about "OR": there you need the "||" operator (like in C#) (but I think not here in this special case)
    Stupid me. Because the &amp; is already long and strange enough, I didn't consider it. It's also == for equal etc.
    Now it works, thanks for the important hint (y)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm experimenting with transparent menu- tile images in PNG format but I can't get them to work properly. If I leave the file extension to .png the graphics are not recognised. If I rename them to .jpg the gfx is shown, but without transparency. A blue background is shown instead.

Is there a way to make this work or has the code behind to be changed somehow for this to work?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Renaming to jpg works. The background come from the homemenu button style. Search for a blue rectangle or border. You can easily find the position by try and error ( changing "#xxxxxxxx" to "#00000000")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom