Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for testing. :)

I observed the problem on the main HTPC. I now looked at another machine and don't have the issue there, however both clients are running #268. Strange. Can there be any damaged settings file behind that?
    I don't think it's related to settings. Finding the root cause will end in nowhere. It's working and nobody else reported similar, so it's most probably a single case that won't happen again.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some other thing:

The Win10 and TE themes are not displaying show descriptions when playing TV recordings:
    No Info.JPG

It does work for Grey though:
    No INfo 2.JPG

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some other thing:

The Win10 and TE themes are not displaying show descriptions when playing TV recordings:
    View attachment 193065

It does work for Grey though:
    View attachment 193066
    Grey Theme only has a different background and takes almost everything from BV.
    Comparing BV and Win10 for the related area I can not see any difference. Which branch are you using? "2.1.1 = Master" or 2.1.2?
    Main problem is, that I can not do much about TV stuff at the moment w/o TV card. In living room my "boss" doesn't allow me to play with the HTPC anymore ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2.1.2 - that's what wil be released next. Am I the only one who is using and testing this? :unsure:
    Our testers are not so active besides @azzuro at the moment. Let's give a tag to @heiserfeger77 @breese (@Lehmden in case you're ok).

Also I realized, that I didn't read your post correctly :whistle: Your talked about recordings not LiveTV.
    In this case I do not understand it at all. Because the details are here for BV. All themes do not have the file, so refer also to BV, only the margins are different as Resource. So summarize, it must be 100% same and as the title is shown it can be not a reference problem, then you shouldn't see anything. To narrow the root cause, can you copy the linked file into Win10/screens once and check, if this changes something.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have installed the last TC build from yesterday. Started to use it. So far I have a few crashes, mainly DirectX related after scrolling through my media lists too often.
    Will report more later today or tomorrow...

Aside this I'm testing the DLNA plugin provided by @MrTechno It is working but not really reliable. playback often stalls or stops because of lost network connection. And the "MediaPortal.Plugins.MediaServer.Settings.ProfileLinks.xml" has to be removed constantly because it leads to browse errors...

Regarding the TV skin section. There are a few "glitches", e.g. the season and episodes numbers/title are not displayed everywhere where they are useful/needed. Will try to collect some screenshots later...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding the TV skin section. There are a few "glitches", e.g. the season and episodes numbers/title are not displayed everywhere where they are useful/needed. Will try to collect some screenshots later...
    Something new or since ever? I ask because I didn't change anything in this regard since 2.1.1 and nobody reported something beforehand. Anyway I'll wait or your screenshots.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Guys im sorry to ask that, but why we have many skin?
    Its not better to provide one good skin?

Envoyé de mon D5803 en utilisant Tapatalk

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Guys im sorry to ask that, but why we have many skin?
    Its not better to provide one good skin?
    Target is too have many good skins :)
    Skins are for the visual appearance, so targeting tastes. Tastes are different, so "several" skins are essential.
    Btw. we have really not many skins in MP2, basically only BV and WMC. BV is indirectly affecting Win10 and TE, because those are only themes.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Something new or since ever?
    Dunno if since "ever" but for a long time...
    In recordings no episodes name or number is displayed even if available (as it is displayed elsewhere). This is valid for all skins and themes:
    WMC:
    WMC-1.jpg

BV:
    BV-1.jpg

TE:
    TE-1.jpg
    Here there even is a label shown but not filled with content.

Win10:
    W10-1.jpg
    It would be great if this can be fixed.

And the issue with the not displayed description while playing Live-TV or a recording in some themes I can confirm.
    WMC has no description:
    WMC-2.jpg

BV has description:
    BV-2.jpg

TE has no description:
    TE-2.jpg

Win 10 has no description:
    W10-2.jpg

and very strange, Cloudy has description, also it is 99,99% identical to Win 10. Aside some images only "master_bare.xaml" and "MediaStyles.xaml" are different to Win 10 theme and for this existing in theme folder.
    Cloudy.jpg

I'm pretty sure there was more, but I didn't see it at first glance. Maybe the glitches I remember are already fixed in meantime...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom