Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (2 Viewers)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    XML:
     <SimpleTag>
          <name>EPISODENAME</name>
          <value>Der Busch brennt (1)</value>
        </SimpleTag>
    I don't think that is enough for making a valid EpsiodeAspect. Is there no episode number? What is expected to happen with the episode title only?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think that is enough for making a valid EpsiodeAspect. Is there no episode number? What is expected to happen with the episode title only?
    The sample from Lehmden is a few posts above, there are more Infos. I never did recordings with MP2, so I have no knowledge. I thought that the Infos should be read out from the xml file during import. E.g. The channel name is shown.
    But those Infos are all in the RecordingAspect.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The sample from Lehmden is a few posts above, there are more Infos.
    The TV3Recording MDE only imports episode information if it is importing from a series share. So if you added it as a video share then it will not import the episode information.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV3Recording MDE only imports episode information if it is importing from a series share. So if you added it as a video share then it will not import the episode information.
    Ok, that explains the reason. Then we have a small "problem", as recordins can be movies, series, ...
    To resolve this, would it be possible to extend the RecordingAspectWrapper to contain all potential infos of recordings?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    To resolve this, would it be possible to extend the RecordingAspectWrapper to contain all potential infos of recordings?
    Wouldn't a better solution be to just import the episode information if available?

@morpheus_xx
    Why is the TV3Recordings MDE split into an importer for video shares and one for series shares?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, that explains the reason. Then we have a small "problem", as recordins can be movies, series, ...
    You can select more than 1 category for a share, so you could select Movies and Series for the recording share.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As far as I know the decision if a recording is a series or not depends on the type of schedule. If you schedule an "one time only" recording, it is a "video" or "movie", if you schedule a recurring recording it is a "series". But I don't know how a "foreign" recording never scheduled on the current system will be handled...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wouldn't a better solution be to just import the episode information if available?

@morpheus_xx
    Why is the TV3Recordings MDE split into an importer for video shares and one for series shares?
    This we had before and it caused complaints that all recordings were treated as potential series (and movies respective) with false matchings. Then I had changed it to respect different folders:
    If the user configures different folder patterns for movies/series in TV Config, then I create one "movie" type recording share and one of "series" type. So also the kind of MDEs are different on import.
    Otherwise only a "video" share is created, without movie/series.

If you schedule an "one time only" recording, it is a "video" or "movie", if you schedule a recurring recording it is a "series".
    Exactly, series or not is defined in TVE only be the kind of schedule. IIRC there was some patch before to "schedule single as series", but it was never part of official builds.

But I don't know how a "foreign" recording never scheduled on the current system will be handled...
    This can only work if the recording is placed in a share of "series" type, then this information should be extracted.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The need to have different recording folders seems not very user-friendly..Can MP2 not recognize the video types from the xml file?
    In the sample file from Lehmden I see infos as Episode etc. If those infos are available the file is categorized as series, if movie specific infos are existing it will be categorized as movie, otherwise just as info.
    As designer I also do not like it at all, because the is only one RecordingDetailsTemplate and it must be ready for different media types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom