CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (2 Viewers)

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The timing if this development is perfect for me. I have my new Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe installed, and will be getting a CableCard for Verizon FiOS TV on Friday. I will report on any issues and (inevitable) success.

Thanks for all the hard work!

sshirley2000

Portal Member
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I have a Ceton InifiTV 4 PCIe installed on a W7 x64 box (soon to go to Win8). I would love to help test this. I would love to switch away from Media Center. I am also a developer and could help out there too.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I have a Ceton InifiTV 4 PCIe installed on a W7 x64 box (soon to go to Win8). I would love to help test this. I would love to switch away from Media Center. I am also a developer and could help out there too.

Hiyas @sshirley2000, any help would be great. The bad news is of course that you will need a 32bit OS to get what is currently working to work. We are looking at ways to overcome the x64 wall.

ravensOrb

Portal Member
    January 3, 2011
    Home Country
    I'd be happy to help as well. I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 USB and I have access to both Comcast and Verizon FIOS cable cards

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    After recording a few shows using the cable card from suddenlink and a hd homerun prime I have to say all seems good on my end. I have even got epg working using schedules direct. The only issue I see is not being able to edit the channel info through the tvserver because it asked for proper frequencies. Thank you for the hard work on this. Any word on how the 64 bit version is coming along?

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Over the weekend, I was able to successfully get my Ceton InfiniTV PCIe card working great, all 4 tuners withthe CableCard. In order to fully scan the full 1100+ channels, I did need to set the SDT/VCT to 2 minutes (120). But there were no other major issues. I scanned, and was able to record and watch live TV.

Also, I use 4TheRecord, and had no additional issues with that either. Great work on this update!

I did notice that for the channel tuning information, there doesn't seem to be an encoding type (e.g. 8VSB or 256QAM). Is this intentional? For ClearQAM channels I would like to have the same tuning information mapped for both CableCard tuners and ClearQAM tuners. Right now, I have them separate (this is my production machine, so I'm making changes slowly).

Also, my machine blue-screened a couple of times. I think this is related to Ceton InfitiTV drivers (which I've updated to the 2012.10.23.0732 Beta drivers, hopefully that helps).

I'll keep watching the thread, but so far this looks great!

11/14/2012 Update: New drivers and I haven't seen a blue screen. I'm having issues with prematurely ending recordings and failure to tune, but I think it's all thermal related (the card is running 67C+ regularly, and Ceton recommends no higher than 65C). Once I get thermal under control, I'll see if any of my issues are MP related, but I don't think so.

Last edited:

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    I have started reading this whole thread but I want to be on the latest points and patches. Please catch me up about what I need for HDHR PRIME CC + mediaportal, if you would. How far along are we? Can I help? I have TV Server running on 32 bit but all other clients are 64. Should I send back the HDHR P CC? Hi mm. I will be of some use and I am familiarize myself with this post. Main question is if it works and what I need to catch up.

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    I could not see the HDHR PRIME tuners in my existing 1.3a server. RUN THE SILCONDUST setup on your server PC.
    I missed this obvious step and want to make sure no one else does. If this is common knowledge please excuse me.
    I did not run the PRIME setup on the server machine. I thought it was just a one time network config tool that set up PRIME and I ran it from a client computer.
    Once I ran hdhomerun_windows_20121107beta1.exe and setup the PRIME from the server then I see HDHR PRIME CC in the server's list of tuners. THANK YOU MM

zyrod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2012
    Home Country
    I have a HDHomerun Prime. I have tried testing this in a VM and I had major sync issues. So I blew up my 2nd htpc that I dont use that much and installed a fresh copy of windows 7 pro x86. I'm still getting a ton of sync errors. The other thing I noticed in both testing setups that the hdhomerun was listed a total of 6 times and not 3.

I'm including the log files. Hopefully we can get this sorted!

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    I have a note for any other Ceton InfiniTV users. In order to get the tuners to work more than once, I had to set the cards as "preloaded" and "pause," not "stop."

Is this a configuration other users have? I'm still having other issues that may be CableCard related (dropped recordings, channel entitlement).

Update 12/3/2012: With a new CableCard, this configuration wasn't necessary. This works if the Tuners are pre-loaded or not, and whether they are 'paused' or 'stopped.' Very stable!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom