CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (3 Viewers)

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@Sigpi007

I am with ya on getting schedules direct setup is a pain in the butt. I have to mainly edit the DB every time i reinstall but once it is up and running i have it populate my hd homerun and my dual analog and basic cable. Which makes it simple as far as the guide goes. Which is a total of 7 tuners in my machine.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Once the SD service threw the error this week that led to the service stopping, that's when I was ready to throw in the towel with it.
    It is funny you say that... As it turns out, WOW is now broadcasting all the channels between 2 and 299 on channel 32...

Suggestion, Back up your channels, clear them, configure SD in Advanced Options check the box for
    Automatically add new digital cable / satellite channels.
    Go to Manual Control and restart the Service...
    After a few moments, SD will grab all the channels off the schedules Direct site that you have configured.
    BTW: on their site under your account, you can turn channels on and off and MP will download only those you want

Now while I have made contact with the developer of the SD plugin, it might help if Others ask him to work on it a Little more. Persoanally, I love what it is capable of doing.. just need a few holes plugged...

Last edited:

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    thanks for the tips breese. Next time I accidentally nuke my system (inevitable), I'll be sure to follow your steps to set it up again.

@mm... new logs from this morning. I'd say its been about 48 hours of pleasantly stable performance. Occasional minor lag here and there between channels, but nothing that is unexpected. On average... no more than 5 secs. Usually changing under 2 secs most of the time now. Have not yet applied the latest patch you posted with the rollup of fixes. Will be doing so this evening.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Sigpi007,
    I had a few moments and looked at a few logs.
    Application_Eventlog.csv
    Every hour at 45 minutes pasted you have a backup running.
    8/28/2013 6:45:44 PM;"ESENT";"Logging/Recovery";"Information";"WinMail (1616) WindowsMail0: A full backup is

Maybe this is causing some of your Lags?

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Sorry I haven't had time to post logs yet, but the machine is humming away (dozens of recordings, almost 100 hours of video in the past 36 hours). I've only had one small hiccup, and I think it was processor/recording drive related. No tuner has locked up, and this is the most stable and reliable my setup has ever been.

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Good catch breese. I'm going to disable that WinMail service tonight. The other errors related to Gestion LM Keymap are no longer an issue since I'm no longer using that software for my remote.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Suggestion...
    I have never really trusted SD to automatically create channels. With the CableCARD changes it is more important than ever that certain parameters are set correctly. When I looked at the SD code a couple of years ago I think the most reliable way to get SD channels to link to scanned channels was to name the scanned channels with the corresponding callsign from the SD lineup.

Occasional minor lag here and there between channels, but nothing that is unexpected. On average... no more than 5 secs. Usually changing under 2 secs most of the time now.
    I see three cases where channel change took more than 20 seconds. I think I know the cause and how to fix it, but I need some info about something. So, I've contacted Michael at Ceton and will let you know as soon as I have more info...

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    I see three cases where channel change took more than 20 seconds. I think I know the cause and how to fix it, but I need some info about something. So, I've contacted Michael at Ceton and will let you know as soon as I have more info...

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear how the discussion goes.

DrYork

August 31, 2013
    Home Country
    Okay, brand new here, so go easy. I did my best to read through as much as I could of these 57 pages before posting. I'm trying to get 1.5PR working with an HDHR Prime. Won't detect channels at all. All three "Prime" tuners show up and I followed the instructions on the first page of this thread (except I didn't install the initial patches since they were included in 1.5PR, right?). Anyway, the logs are attached, but the relevant part appears to be:

[ATSC scan thread] [INFO ] - ATSC: scanning digital cable, out-of-band service information
    [ATSC scan thread] [INFO ] - ATSC: scan summary, new TV = 0, updated TV = 0, new radio = 0, updated radio = 0

System is a pretty modern PC running Win 8.1RC (yeah, preview on a preview...dumb). 64-bit. Single HDHomerun Prime with a Scientific Atlanta "PowerKey" CableCard. Latest and greatest beta software + firmware from SiliconDust. No problem viewing channels using the SiliconDust software.

Any clue what might be happening? Fixable? User error, or am I just asking for this by running so much pre-release stuff on one box?

Thx.

PS - I did install the latest patch with no change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom