CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 | Page 57

Discussion in 'Area 51 - Testing Area' started by mm1352000, September 18, 2012.

1. mediacowboy

mediacowboy Portal Pro

Support Technician
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    @Sigpi007

I am with ya on getting schedules direct setup is a pain in the butt. I have to mainly edit the DB every time i reinstall but once it is up and running i have it populate my hd homerun and my dual analog and basic cable. Which makes it simple as far as the guide goes. Which is a total of 7 tuners in my machine.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. breese
    • Premium Supporter

breese Retired Team Member

Sr. Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +768 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    It is funny you say that... As it turns out, WOW is now broadcasting all the channels between 2 and 299 on channel 32...

Suggestion, Back up your channels, clear them, configure SD in Advanced Options check the box for
    Automatically add new digital cable / satellite channels.
    Go to Manual Control and restart the Service...
    After a few moments, SD will grab all the channels off the schedules Direct site that you have configured.
    BTW: on their site under your account, you can turn channels on and off and MP will download only those you want

Now while I have made contact with the developer of the SD plugin, it might help if Others ask him to work on it a Little more. Persoanally, I love what it is capable of doing.. just need a few holes plugged...

Last edited: August 28, 2013
  4. Sigpi007

Sigpi007 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    thanks for the tips breese. Next time I accidentally nuke my system (inevitable), I'll be sure to follow your steps to set it up again.

@mm... new logs from this morning. I'd say its been about 48 hours of pleasantly stable performance. Occasional minor lag here and there between channels, but nothing that is unexpected. On average... no more than 5 secs. Usually changing under 2 secs most of the time now. Have not yet applied the latest patch you posted with the rollup of fixes. Will be doing so this evening.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. breese
    • Premium Supporter

breese Retired Team Member

Sr. Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +768 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Sigpi007,
    I had a few moments and looked at a few logs.
    Application_Eventlog.csv
    Every hour at 45 minutes pasted you have a backup running.
    8/28/2013 6:45:44 PM;"ESENT";"Logging/Recovery";"Information";"WinMail (1616) WindowsMail0: A full backup is

Maybe this is causing some of your Lags?

6. twemperor
    • Premium Supporter

twemperor MP Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Sorry I haven't had time to post logs yet, but the machine is humming away (dozens of recordings, almost 100 hours of video in the past 36 hours). I've only had one small hiccup, and I think it was processor/recording drive related. No tuner has locked up, and this is the most stable and reliable my setup has ever been.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sigpi007

Sigpi007 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Good catch breese. I'm going to disable that WinMail service tonight. The other errors related to Gestion LM Keymap are no longer an issue since I'm no longer using that software for my remote.

8. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have never really trusted SD to automatically create channels. With the CableCARD changes it is more important than ever that certain parameters are set correctly. When I looked at the SD code a couple of years ago I think the most reliable way to get SD channels to link to scanned channels was to name the scanned channels with the corresponding callsign from the SD lineup.

I see three cases where channel change took more than 20 seconds. I think I know the cause and how to fix it, but I need some info about something. So, I've contacted Michael at Ceton and will let you know as soon as I have more info...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Sigpi007

Sigpi007 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    That's awesome! Can't wait to hear how the discussion goes.

10. DrYork

DrYork New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Okay, brand new here, so go easy. I did my best to read through as much as I could of these 57 pages before posting. I'm trying to get 1.5PR working with an HDHR Prime. Won't detect channels at all. All three "Prime" tuners show up and I followed the instructions on the first page of this thread (except I didn't install the initial patches since they were included in 1.5PR, right?). Anyway, the logs are attached, but the relevant part appears to be:

[ATSC scan thread] [INFO ] - ATSC: scanning digital cable, out-of-band service information
    [ATSC scan thread] [INFO ] - ATSC: scan summary, new TV = 0, updated TV = 0, new radio = 0, updated radio = 0

System is a pretty modern PC running Win 8.1RC (yeah, preview on a preview...dumb). 64-bit. Single HDHomerun Prime with a Scientific Atlanta "PowerKey" CableCard. Latest and greatest beta software + firmware from SiliconDust. No problem viewing channels using the SiliconDust software.

Any clue what might be happening? Fixable? User error, or am I just asking for this by running so much pre-release stuff on one box?

Thx.

PS - I did install the latest patch with no change.

11. mediacowboy

mediacowboy Portal Pro

Support Technician
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Did ya change the scanning time from 20 seconds to 60?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!