CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (1 Viewer)

DrYork

August 31, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, the SDT/VCT scan setting is at 60 secs.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country
Ok, I will step back now and let the devs take a look at your logs. The only other think i can think of is did ya enable the cam by editing each tuner.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Hey @DrYork

mm will most likely take a look at your logs soon. He is halfway across the world from us and on a Saturday. So no telling when he will be able to take a peek.

Thanks for letting him know about your issues.

DrYork

August 31, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks again, mediacowboy. Yeah, I've got the CAM's enabled on all three with 1 simultaneous channel set for each (though obviously it can handle at least 3 for certain). The CAM model is left as "default."

FWIW, I'm another WOW subscriber, though in one of their "new" markets...we used to be Knology and have yet to be fully assimilated--we're still running on their old hardware/setup for another few months at least. Dunno what that might mean, but I suppose it is another data point.[DOUBLEPOST=1377927221][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks, @Lyfesaver74! No major hurry. I'm just excited to see MP now supporting CableCard and hope I can help get it working for me and for others with potentially similar issues.

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    @mm1352000, I ran a test last night with pre-loading the tuners. This caused the service to crash. I recall that 'pausing' the tuner should not work, so I left the setting as 'stop'.

I'm switching off the pre-loading, when everything worked well.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    MM,
    I had a little time and restarted with full in band PSIP v2
    OTA failed to find any channels. I reinstalled full in band PSIP and it found 50 channels
    Sorry...

Attachments

• V2 Failed.zip
      141.1 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, brand new here, so go easy.
    Welcome! :)

First, thanks for the log files and the info about your system - makes helping you much easier. (y)

So, the issue seems to be that TV Server is not receiving lineup information from the CableCARD.
    A couple questions...

Do you run a firewall?
    If so, please ensure that there is an exception for the MediaPortal TVService.exe and SetupTv.exe. They'll need access to the network.

Are you using a tuning adaptor?
    Switched Digital Video should be fine - just covering all the bases.

Scientific Atlanta "PowerKey" CableCard.
    Forgive my ignorance, but is this a special type of CableCARD or are you just quoting the manufacturer/vendor name?

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This caused the service to crash...
    I'm not seeing this. Can you specify the date and time (roughly)?

I recall that 'pausing' the tuner should not work, so I left the setting as 'stop'.
    Yes pausing will likely not work. However, I did add code that should disable pause when it is not possible to use it...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had a little time and restarted with full in band PSIP v2
    OTA failed to find any channels. I reinstalled full in band PSIP and it found 50 channels
    I don't remember the difference between v1 and v2, but it would have absolutely no bearing on OTA scanning. The reason why no channels were found is because apparently your tuner refused to lock on signal. If you were to have simply restarted the TV service, I'd put money on the scan working fine.
    Question: why would this happen?
    Answer: I don't know. Bad drivers? Maybe. BDA network provider issue? Maybe. It could also be the fact that you've set "when card enters idle mode..." to pause. Sometimes that causes issues like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom