Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Remove builds for now as these were tested enough.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New build is up.

In this build I try to resize the form to the full screen size and resetting the D3D device as well when the resolution changed because an display was removed/added.

Going to the tray and back caused too much timing issues on the various systems as Windows was not ready even when it said so (resulting in a black screen and you need to minimize/maximize MP once again) because of HDMI handshake handling in the HDMI chain of various setups.

Therefore I am trying a different approach now. Please let me know how this works.

Notes for testing Bulild #5:
    • check if the form is still not in fullscreen and what resolution it might be (half fullscreen was 1024*768 for everyone in this thread so far.)
    • any other issue not listed under the known issues
    • double device resets in case your system reports multiple display changes in a row. Check log for WM_DISPLAYCHANGE messages.
    • Very quick on/off toggle of the display in a row if it works in general. Just a stress test for display change handling.
    • Full RDP/VNC/Teamviewer testing also needed
    • AsRock InstantBoot test
    • Suspend/Hibernation and Resume tests. I expect an unrecoverable lost D3D device and want to make sure it happens everywhere. During a power state toggle I have to deal with lost D3D devices in addition to WM_DISPLAYCHANGE. Managed DirectX in combination with C# disposes the D3D object on the garbage collection even though it shouldn't.
    Again, thanks for helping out as I cannot reproduce this on demand because of my 100% HDMI hot plug/ACPI compliant equipment.

The problem is 100% identified. It is just a matter of finding a solution that works for all setups. We'll get there and find the best way for handling WM_DISPLAYCHANGE. All logs showed proper display change events, so everything needs to be triggered from there.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is what I think you want in the test programm:
    A Normal on/off toggle.
    B Very quick on/off toggle of the display in a row
    C Full RDP/VNC/Teamviewer testing also needed <<< How?? details so I do the right thing for you.
    D AsRock InstantBoot test ( Dont have an ASrock board)
    E Suspend/Hibernation and Resume tests.
    F Changing Themes or Skins in MP
    G Minimizing to tray during playback

Im already starting on A, B, E, F and G.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Test A: Normal on/off toggle.
    Direct3D device lost after second time off/on

Test B: Very quick on/of toggle.
    Direct3D device lost after a number (5+) of times.

Test E: Suspend 3 times
    No error. Good behaviour.

Test E: Hybernate 2 times
    After the second time, MP froze. Clicking tray icon didnt work. I was able to bring up the GUI, but it was froozen. Forced to end mediaportal.exe in processes through taskmanager

Test F: Switch skin
    No error. Switched a number of times between Titan and defaultwide. No issue seen.

Test G: switch off/on during playback.
    After first off/on playback stopped and was back in GUI.
    After second off/on MP threw the Direct3D device lost up again.

NEW ISSUE
    I just noticed.
    upon pressing play on a video file, MP sometimes minimizes. I need to press START on the remote to get MP playback in full screen.
    Upon pressing STOP, MP minizes again.
    Keep in mind I put your files directly over a recent GIT build. So it might be a result of that... dont know.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks will go through the logs tomorrow

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Scythe42,

I had a quick look and it looked good for switching on/off TV/Receiver while connected with Teamviewer. It looked good for sleeping and resuming as well as long as tv/receiver where left powered on.
    Later when resuming and powering on the other devices at the same time (via harmony remote ) I had similar errors as edterbak with direct3d.

I would go for some deeper testing and producing full sets of logs/screens but I'm running Win 8 and Argus here. So I don't know if you want that kind of testing with non standard setups at this point? I could spare some time tomorrow. If not I will come back when you need me to....

Luca

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom