Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Log attached with the correctly working MP. First turn off/on TV. Then turn off /on receiver.
    WM_GETMINMAXINFO is coming in way too late in your scenario. Could you please log the window messages as well, so I can see if there is a better point beside relying on a following WM_GETMINMAXINFO.

Would like to avoid a hardcoded delay after a WM_DIPLAYCHANGE, even though some thread.sleep() of 1-2 seconds will work in all scenearios. Just don't like such hardcoded stuff. I prefer getting something from Window to tell me it's ready.

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    i also retested build 4 and could get mp working after turning the receiver off/on (2 times)
    Than i went to standby, but had the setting enabled "restart mp after standby"
    so i changed this, restarted mp and went again to standby --> after that mp was showing the black screen with mouse, but could be restored by using the try symbol.
    Happy debugging!

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BUT2: I don;t want to have the size to 100%. Else i cannot read the letters on the screen in a browser from my sofa. On the otherhand i don;t want bigger letters in MP (Which sometimes happens, but is resolved after restarting MP)
    Open a Mantis please. That should be fixable.

MP wrongly calculates the size of the font. It needs to compensate if stuff is larger/smaller than 100% because it tries to calculate the font size for skins based on hardcoded 576. Therefore no Windows font size settings should influence it (at least for what is rendered with D3D). Just another bug that might screw things up here as well.

Just need to adjust this magic number based on the percentage. At least that should be the easy way to fix this.

I think this one is inside MP for ages...

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so i changed this, restarted mp and went again to standby --> after that mp was showing the black screen with mouse, but could be restored by using the try symbol.
    Suspending the system needs a similar treatment. MP tries to come back from the tray too early before Windows is ready in the correct resolution, therefore black screen.

When I found a way in regards to WM_DISPLAYCHANGE that works for all scenearios convered here, suspend/resume gets the same treatment.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here you go with the log. Have fun, it seems huge! I shutdown TV twice, first time i had no MP shown after turn on. Not sure whether i forgot to restore it for example. Last one is receiver.

Attachments

• test.xml
      201.8 KB

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    never mind... needed a refresh. testing now

Last edited:

Kui

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Alajärvi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I don't wanna sound like and wise-ass (too late :)), but would it be abit easier if you guys use some remote program, like TeamViewer ..?

That how Scythe could join/collect logs/help install etc much more faster atleast..

Just an idea.. ;)

Kui

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom