Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Only happens when I apply the binaries from the first post. 100% reproducible. :confused:
    1.3.0 Beta works just fine.
    All files or just this one? Did you test with a build of master?

There are no noticeable slowdowns on my LAN when copying files, or starting playbacks.
    Strange that the startup takes that long, especially the DBs stuff that's loaded is so small. I'm really curious about this. I moved my whole ProgramData entry with a symlink to a NAS and I need roughly 5 seconds until MP is up and running (same basic plugins as you, no TV Server).

That slow access or the delay between access is really strage. I'll add some debug log files to the code do find out where the bottle neck or the unwanted delay comes from. It's a bug somewhere for sure.

TV stays black until MP shows up fullscreen. Works as intended I'd say. :)
    OK, that's HDMI handshake related until Win7/GPU announce the reconnected display. So it works as it should.

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    All files or just this one? Did you test with a build of master?
    Tested 3 recordings with plain 1.3.0 beta and then with your binaries applied.
    Always fails with your binaries applied - always works with plain 1.3.0 beta.

Have not tested the current master for 1.3.0RC.

So it works as it should.
    Yeah. :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just tested again the ( y ) INFO button. In combination with timebar. The behaviour still the same.
    Using MP RC build 4 + your patch over it.
    LAV filter pack DXVA native,
    Tested 2 skins multiple times. Same result. Did something go wrong during the clean linstall?

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wrong position in OSD overlay: cannot reproduce. Always shows correct here.

Playback of TS files not possible (duration = -1): can reproduce now. Will check what happend, as I didn't touch related stuff. Maybe I put some wrong binaries in the archive.

Si Jones

Portal Member
    October 4, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Am currently testing this as well, as i always end up with MP in the corner after the tv and amp being switched off. With this current build 7, when i turn tv/amp on MP is full screen which is excellent work, but as said I can't play anything recorded.

Also, when i put cbeebies on first time it's not upscaled to 1080p it seems to be at it's resolution in the centre of the screen, pressing blue a few times to go through options to get to normal it's fine, not sure that's your problem but just thought i'd mention it, let me know if logs are required.

Cheers

chrissnow

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2011
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Great work :)
    The half screen issue has been annoying me for ages! as others have mentioned recorded TV no longer works(duration -1), the fixes you have implemented do work fine for me though.

Having built the current GIT master it doesnt seem to be your fault though.

Thanks

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @chrissnow
    So the duration issue appears also with the latest master without Sythes fix applayed?!

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The "duration -1" issue means that no playback of TS files is possible because the duration could not be get from DirectShow. "-1" is the default value and TSReaderPlayer does a sanity check of "currentpos > duration". And currentpos on startup is "0".

In other word: No TS files could be played.

Haven't found yet the time to do a check against current master and where this comes from. Was busy with fixing Skin Engine bugs. I now can return to this.

It's possible I just supplied wrong binaries here and mixed up my local working branches. Don't know, need to test before I can say more.

Last edited:

chrissnow

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2011
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    @FreakyJ
    having tested the current master on my main HTPC also the master is fine, it seems my laptop was having other issues too.

Apologies.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Found it. Will upload a new build later...

I renamed the Main thread from "MPMain" to "MediaPortal" for some testing temporarily.

Some of the TSReaderPlayer related functions check which thread is running by name and execute different functions based on this. Guess that's related to the ActiveMovie thread window that pops up when playing TS files. On my system it is actually a visible window overlaying MP when MP is in Windowed mode (always was the case).

Should be a constant and not an arbitrary string in various parts of the code... But for that I don't care right now.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom