Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just had a look at some of the other fixes listed in the first post - looks like a really nice release. High DPI compatibility is fantastic, my laptop has issues with this. The screen being shifted up by 6 pixels hasn't happened to me but I used to get the screen shifted down by about that amount and rewriting D3D handling should fix that too. Really looking forward to it. :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Scythe,

Just a question.
With the plugin moving pictures one can have one movie entry which contains two movie parts. xxxx movie part 1 and xxxx movie part 2. MovingPictures automatically recognizes the two files make one movie, so it plays file 1 directly after file 2. BUT when the refreshrate changer works during part 1, it switches back to the Default (when forced in config) when movie part 2 is started. MP doesnt react or detect the situation correctly. Part two is now played with the default refreshrate.

Is this problem solvable with an update and attention from you in this rework?

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just had a look at some of the other fixes listed in the first post - looks like a really nice release. High DPI compatibility is fantastic, my laptop has issues with this. The screen being shifted up by 6 pixels hasn't happened to me but I used to get the screen shifted down by about that amount and rewriting D3D handling should fix that too. Really looking forward to it. :)
    Same reason for both scenarios. This should already be fixed. But as said there are still some glitches left I am working on. Next release probably over the weekend if my time allows it. Currently a lot of stress at the new job.

Is this problem solvable with an update and attention from you in this rework?
    That is solvable. Please Mantis this issue and attach some logs to the mantis entry.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here is what happend.

Start playback : Hobbit part 1 @ 23.976 hz
    22-42-42.png
    Automatically continue playback on Hobbit part 2 @ 50hz
    22-44-24.png

@Testers Can someone else confirm? Ill mantis it after confirmation.
    @Vasilich I cant tell atm. Im building the database to try and reproduce in myvideo. Will take all day by the looks of it.

Last edited:

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your build is very awesome and evaluates media portal for good.
    Sorry, your build has the highest CPU load I've ever seen in a media center :) @ Live TV
    High power consumption is a result of
    I like being ready to test a new build from you
    Here are some other people, the problem or am I the only one :)

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Your build is very awesome and evaluates media portal for good.
    Sorry, your build has the highest CPU load I've ever seen in a media center :) @ Live TV
    High power consumption is a result of
    I like being ready to test a new build from you
    Here are some other people, the problem or am I the only one :)

Logs and an indication of CPU usage might help (especially in comparison to 1.3.0RC).

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is what happend.

Start playback : Hobbit part 1 @ 23.976 hz
    View attachment 123162
    Automatically continue playback on Hobbit part 2 @ 50hz
    View attachment 123163

@Testers Can someone else confirm? Ill mantis it after confirmation.
    @Vasilich I cant tell atm. Im building the database to try and reproduce in myvideo. Will take all day by the looks of it.
    Log is perfectly fine. We have a defect here that probably will show when using playlists as well. Does your TV confirm the 50Hz? Want to make sure it is not the stats render that gets the wrong information.

Code:
    2013-02-28 22:44:05.032591 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate: framerate on file E:\_DVD\The.Hobbit.An.Unexpected.Journey.2012.DVDRip.XviD-SPARKS\sparks-hobbit2012-xvid-cd2.avi is 23,976
    2013-02-28 22:44:05.036591 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS: current refreshrate is 23hz - changing it to 23hz
    2013-02-28 22:44:05.040591 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS: using internal win32 method for changing refreshrate. current is 23hz, desired is 23
    2013-02-28 22:44:05.047592 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: W7RefreshRateHelper.SetDisplayConfig(...): SDC_VALIDATE of 23/1 failed
    2013-02-28 22:44:05.054592 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: W7RefreshRateHelper.GetRefreshRate: QueryDisplayConfig returned 24000/1001
    2013-02-28 22:44:05.058592 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: CycleRefreshRate: successfully changed refresh rate to 23,976Hz (23Hz requested)
    That seems to be the issue. As we already are at 23Hz there should be no attempt to set it again, even though it should not hurt. Some how we end up with 50Hz again. That was not done by MP. That was done by Windows as there is no indication bthe logs MP did it between playing the two files.

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have mentioned this issue a while ago but no one did anything about it or confirm it. The problem lies in the 'change' when a default refresh rate is set. I have set it to 50hz, so when u go along a playlist from video1(23.976) to video2(23.976), it goes back to the GUI refresh rate hence the change back to 50hz. The problem is that the change all happens too fast and u don't get the 23.976 -> 50hz -> 23.976.
    Instead u get 23.976 -> 50hz.... And then video2 plays.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom