Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    DXVA works, the process Mediaportal.exe with active live TV with your build has a high CPU load of about 25% at a CORE i5 per cent, but the GPU makes 100% DXVA, can confirm? the problem is still in 3 other HTPCs with similar components.

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Mal eine Rückinfo DXVA funktioniert , der Prozess Mediaportal.exe bei aktiven Live TV mit deinem Build hat eine Hohe CPU Auslastung von 25% ca. bei einen CORE i5 Proz., die GPU macht aber 100% DXVA, kann das wer bestätigen ? das Problem besteht noch auf 3 weiteren HTPCs mit ähnlichen Komponenten.

Please use English in the English part of the forum.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think hes is quite busy atm (=> vacation thread), so give him some time :)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just moved to Berlin. Don't have proper Internet yet and my hardware isnt at my new appartment - put it into some self storage facility for now. So probably takes rest of the month until I am fully back online and have my essential equipment at my new place. Visual Studio doesnt run on my iPad :)

Last edited:

slikvik

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2006
    Just want to say I might get involved testing this too. Media Portal showing in the top left of my screen coming out of Stand By is driving my wife crazy at least twice a day!
    Windows itself still displays fullscreen fine, it's just MePo that isn't. Turning the Amp on and off sometimes fixes it but not always. I had the problem on a Windows 7 ASRock 330 ION system and have just upgraded to a Windows 8 Acer Revo i3 system (with UEFI BIOS). I hoped it wouldn't have the same problem, but it does unfortunately. :(

Couple of questions:

Did you expect this problem to still occur on a modern system with Windows 8?
    Would a Windows 8 test and logs be useful to you?
    I'm now on 1.3.0 RC so will the 1.3.1 test files still be OK to use?

Thanks

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The issueis a generic one and occurs on HDMI connections in most setups. Will happen on Win8 as well as the nature of how Win reacts to the disconnection of HDMI display devices did not change. It is fixed in the current test build. Working on related suspend/resume stuff at the moment. Next build should include enhancements here as well.

Also there are a few other fixes needed. Mouse related glitches mostly.

I need to create a newer build for RC - as posted before I a currently moving. So there is a delay here for an updated test build.

So please be patient. I'll provide new ones as soon as my hardware arrived at my new place.

No additional logs needed at the moment.

Next binaries can be used on 1.3.0 RC and later 1.3.0 final as well. any additional testers are welcome.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    just moved to Berlin. Don't have proper Internet yet and my hardware isn't at my new apartment - put it into some self storage facility for now. So probably takes rest of the month until I am fully back online and have my essential equipment at my new place. Visual Studio doesn't run on my iPad :)
    Good luck with private life! I know moving and stuff, are stressful times often. We'll be patient until you are comfortably setup again. :)
    Regards,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom