Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried you v10 on my attic client, it seems to work when I use debug mode, but starting MP in full mode does seem to hang MP (it is running for almost 10 minutes now, still shows Loading Windows Plugins and last log entry was minutes ago). Logs
    In your case it is BrowseTheWeb that never properly returns. It hangs on the initialization. Please try again with disabling just this plugin.

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Scythe42

High CPU load on Mediaportal.exe

My Core i 5 overclocked to 3.6 GHz up @ Live TV

if you say something about my system need to know To

Attachments

• 1.31Build10.png
      1.31Build10.png
      1.1 MB
    • 1.3RC.png
      1.3RC.png
      1,023.1 KB

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Scythe42

High CPU load on Mediaportal.exe

My Core i 5 overclocked to 3.6 GHz up @ Live TV

if you say something about my system need to know To

I can confirm this. On my system its ~7% (1.3.0RC) vs. 57% (1.3.1 Test Build 10) CPU Load.

I found another small issue with Build 10, the indicator bar when you press info or pause on a video, that shows you how far along you are is broken. It shows 100% always.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nothing done in the area of Live TV playback or playback at all. Maybe a problem of the tvplugin.dll I compiled. I do not have live tv on my system to test it.

Does this only apply only to live tv or all playbacks? What does the Direct Show graph tells you? Does it look the same in regards to hardware acceleration? Need to know what runs on the CPU (deinterlacing? decoding? rendering?). Hard to tell, as I cannot reproduce it. Looks to me like one core is maxed out.

Not saying that there is no issue here. Don't have enough information yet.

Regarding indicator bar and 100%. Not touched. Must be a regression between 1.3.0 RC and current master or some skin stuff changed in master compared to RC. Can reproduce here, therefore I can start looking for the root cause.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In worst case we have some process and UI plugin dependencies that could cause havoc after such optimization. Maybe it is not worth the risk (test for sure it is :)).
    Looks like MP doesn't care at all before the UI is up and running. Simply moving the process plugin loading/starting before the window plugins already helps. As the window plugins load WindowPlugins.dll first anyway before starting a threaded load of the rest.

But anyway, next build will have them run in parallel to see if this works in general. On my system the process plugins are finished too fast to really test it.

So we have some issues at the moment that require attention:
    • BrowseTheWeb / PowerScheduler Client hang during startup if it is done threaded. Cannot reproduce. So we need to see if it is general or configuration specific issue. Anyone else with a hanging MP during startup?
    • High CPU usage for LiveTV - does everyone experience this?
    • 100% indicator of playback position when pausing playback
    Need some more feedback from others now. So let's wait what other issues are left there.

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does this only apply only to live tv or all playbacks?

Sorry, no. It applies to all video playback.

What does the Direct Show graph tells you?

It looks like allways. I attached a screenshot.

Need to know what runs on the CPU (deinterlacing? decoding? rendering?).

CPU shouldnt do anything on my system. Video is decoded using dxva, and sound is sent directly to the receiver via hdmi passthrough.

Looks to me like one core is maxed out.

Actually one core is at ~30-40% and the other at ~70-80%, and from time to time they switch. Got screenshot from that too.

Attachments

• graphstudio.png
      graphstudio.png
      38.4 KB
    • cpu_on_playback.png
      cpu_on_playback.png
      8.2 KB

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any change when not using LAV?

Tried it with Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and MPC - MPA Decoder, as these are the only ones that are on my system. But apart from a very bad picture quallity its the same.

Last edited:

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i use the same codec (LAV video) (DXVA deinterlacing : aggressive), Sound (LAV AUDI HDMI passtrough) i have tried other viedeo codecs is the same problem HIGH cpu load ....

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I found the CPU thingy. I let MP never idle during rendering as I am using a different work-in-progress rendering engine with pixel shaders that does such things for me during post-processing when video is running.

Re-added the code and now it should be OK again, like in 1.3.0 RC. Please check if this fixes it.

New build (#11) attached to first thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom