Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks. Will provide an archive tomorrow night with a couple of different builds regarding to the threaded loading of plugins. We need to go through a bit more try and error here.

Please be so kind and stay with me here with your great efforts of helping testing!

Now, one more movie and then to bed. Will continue on this Tuesday evening.

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    [...]
    Im just copying all the files from the archive over to the mp dir. i just copied it again, no change.
    Did you verify, the currently used files are correct version ? (check date of core.dll in MP directory)
    You have to close the MP icon in System tray as well, as otherwise core.dll is locked and can't be overwritten.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, disabling BrowseTheWeb helped - it now loads. The load time is still quite Long, 2:28 for a full Startup, esp. the message "Loading Keymap.xml" was on Screen for 1:30 (which it probably wasn't doing as I guess a minute and a half is a bit much for the default keymap).

Here are my logs for your version 11 without BrowseTheWeb.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, I now started MP without the Debug Mode and it was there in 52 seconds. And another test with debug resulted in 1:05. So I guess the first run is not really valid. Here is the 2nd log, hope it helps.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Managed a quick test with this so far.

At the end of loading (With Titan skin) the screen turns white with 'MediaPortal' at the top left. It is only there for a fraction of a second, but still not ideal.

When you then move another application to the front, MP is minimised to the taskbar. This is new behaviour and I guess is intended but if confused me for a while as I thought MP had crashed and tried to restart it.

One fairly major issue I am seeing. Tested on a network client, and TV seems to be completely broken. It just keeps asking me for the name of the server, and there are many errors logged. Logs attached.

To confirm, I reinstalled my previous version, all works fine. Then reinstalled from the branch again and tried again with the same result, so it does seem to be linked to this branch.

For reference, I am using current master with this branch merged, as well as 3920 (thumbnail creation) and the exp thumbnail remoting branch. Both of these have been fine for some time.

Anyone using this branch and multiseat TV with no problems? If so, I will test with a clean build from just this branch.

Best wishes,

Mark

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At the end of loading (With Titan skin) the screen turns white with 'MediaPortal' at the top left. It is only there for a fraction of a second, but still not ideal.
    Will try to reproduce.

When you then move another application to the front, MP is minimised to the taskbar. This is new behaviour and I guess is intended but if confused me for a while as I thought MP had crashed and tried to restart it.
    This is intended behaviour like any other full screen app. When you switch focus from fullscreen it gets minimized like any other app.

One fairly major issue I am seeing. Tested on a network client, and TV seems to be completely broken. It just keeps asking me for the name of the server, and there are many errors logged. Logs attached.
    Probably related the the current experiments with faster startup times. As no problems were reported before this, it is an indication when it works and when not I guess.

Seeing the problems I revert to the style I did it in build 10 as this was the most conservative approach. That should be enough for this branch and we can built on it later.

Only "BrowseTheWeb" and our "PowerScheduler" showed some issues. But not yet reproduced by another person.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, I now started MP without the Debug Mode and it was there in 52 seconds. And another test with debug resulted in 1:05. So I guess the first run is not really valid. Here is the 2nd log, hope it helps.
    On a first start after changing Mediaportal.exe the Texture Atlas is rebuilt. That takes some time depending on the system.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess both PowerScheduler and BrowseTheWeb expect to be run on the GUI thread?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will provide an archive tomorrow night with a couple of different builds regarding to the threaded loading of plugins. We need to go through a bit more try and error here.

Please be so kind and stay with me here with your great efforts of helping testing!

Sure, keep'em coming.

Did you verify, the currently used files are correct version ? (check date of core.dll in MP directory) You have to close the MP icon in System tray as well, as otherwise core.dll is locked and can't be overwritten.

Yeah, im 100% sure :). And as @elliottmc is describing the same problem as i have, where you cant use tv, im confident its not my fault :p.

@Scythe42 as you said you actually changed the loading process again in Build 11 and not just fixed the high CPU problem, i did another messurement of my startup time, and it would make it 2 seconds faster on my system. With the downside of course that tv and tv series are not working ;p.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is intended behaviour like any other full screen app. When you switch focus from fullscreen it gets minimized like any other app.

This sounds a bit worrying as I run MP on my TV (2nd screen) and use my main monitor for other stuff. Does this mean that when I operate another program on my monitor, thus taking focus away from MP, that MP on my TV will minimise?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom