Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Can you please test with the latest Build (#4) from the first thread again?

I think it replaced all 7 files, windows 8 asked me if i realy want to replace them. And the behavior was different than before... But i will try it again and check the timestamps of the files

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Somehow MP screws up my resolutions. If i look in the config tool under "General" / "Startup Resume" the wrong resolution is also reported.

This is also in the logs, and to verify whether your branch is causing it i installed lastest master. Same thing there. Resolution reports 1280x720 while everywhere i look in windows it is 1920x1080.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration and reboot. That should reset the display configuration stored in Windows.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good evening all again. Testing some more tonight.

Because of the comment from riksmith (thanks) I retested the steps. Weird thing is, NOW in 2 out of 5 off/on cycles I did get a propper image back!
    The reason: I dont know. Maybe a restart of the system did something, I am clueless. And I did the test WITH watchdog enabled....
    Difficult to tell now what is a fluke and what is reality for me. o_O

Anyway, I re-ran the test: 2 out of 5 off/on cycles came back with OK MP. Fullscreen and all.
    Attached are the logs.

[edit]
    AND, as it turns out. I tried to send you (Scythe) off for an wild goose chase. sorry for that Scythe.
    I found the TRAY icon now and upon clicking it MP returned as you told me it would.

SO, Im here to help again.... Just keep me on the right course :D

Last edited:

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration and reboot. That should reset the display configuration stored in Windows.

I already did that... no avail.

BUT: I had a sudden hunch :D And that was it. I have set the windows size of items (Zooming? what is that called in the english version) to 150% :D If i change it back to 100% no more strange resolution reporting in MP. Your branch is at least for now starting correctly and even logging the right resolution.

BUT2: I don;t want to have the size to 100%. Else i cannot read the letters on the screen in a browser from my sofa. On the otherhand i don;t want bigger letters in MP (Which sometimes happens, but is resolved after restarting MP)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    BUT: I had a sudden hunch :D And that was it. I have set the windows size of items (Zooming? what is that called in the english version) to 150% :D If i change it back to 100% no more strange resolution reporting in MP. Your branch is at least for now starting correctly and even logging the right resolution.

BUT2: I don;t want to have the size to 100%. Else i cannot read the letters on the screen in a browser from my sofa. On the otherhand i don;t want bigger letters in MP (Which sometimes happens, but is resolved after restarting MP)
    Yeah, this is a know issue. MP skins cant handle the windows zoom function very well. This dates back to I think MP 0.23. Atleast thats when I learnt about it.

Last edited:

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well only part 2 (sometimes fontsize in MP gets screwed up) is known issue. And i don't mind that. But with these changes most of the time MP won't startup or funtion correctly at all. I do mind that :D

Log attached with the correctly working MP. First turn off/on TV. Then turn off /on receiver.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Reason in your setup: we are restoring too early. You get two WM_DISPLAYCHANGE messages and we need to restore the screen after the second one. The problem is that WM_DISPLAYCHANGE can be happen resolution changes and on removing/adding a display. And in your setup it is causing two messages instead of just one. And the second one doesnt't come with WM_GETMINMAXINFO afterwards.

Thinking about a good way to handle this scenario as well.

Can you guys install http://sourceforge.net/projects/windowdetective/ please and provide me with some message logs?

1. Start Window Detective
    2. Start MP in Fullscreen
    3. Hit Win-Key to jump to the desktop
    4. Select Mediaportal.exe and expand it, to see the child threads
    5. There is one one with the MP Logo. Right Mouse Click on it -> Messages

Now all messages windows sends to MP are logged in Window Detective.

Just maximize MP again, do your test and when MP is later closed save the log in Window Detective and send it to me.

Maybe I'll find some good additional message after the second WM_DISPLAYCHANGE.

Last edited:

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Perhaps the words "your" and "you" need specification. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom