Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
@legnod
Thanks for hint, but I have to disagree.
On Primary Screen playback working fine.
How is Resolution in your 2-screen-setup? Both the same or different?[DOUBLEPOST=1366315553][/DOUBLEPOST]
Three displays with different resolutions in use? Would this match?

No, only two. The first and the last.
I have checked Windows and AMD Control Center. Resolution is set properly for both screens.
Don't know where the middle Screen is coming from. o_O

Attachments

• Screen-Setup.JPG
    Screen-Setup.JPG
    183.7 KB
Last edited:

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I deactivate the screen selector, it should start on Primary Screen or am I wrong?
    I ask, because deactivate screen selector, still starts on secondary Screen.
    Oh yeah you are right...sorry @Scythe42...havent tested this case for my report, that screen selector is working :(

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I deactivate the screen selector, it should start on Primary Screen or am I wrong?
    I ask, because deactivate screen selector, still starts on secondary Screen.
    Not really, it will use display number 1. The whole checkbox is stupid anyway. Just leave it one and select the screen you want. The checkbox itself makes absolutely no sense. Will remove it before merge to master anyway. Have not yet upgrades the skin files for it that's why it is still here.

Just keep it on for testing if you have multiple displays...

This is the display MP is using:

[2013-04-18 21:43:16,572] [483 ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: MP is using screen: \\.\DISPLAY1 (Position: -1920,0 Dimensions: 1920x1080)

It is using your display Number 1 that is positioned to the left side of your primary one (primary usually has 0,0 as the position). Display 2 is probably your primary one...

And as said there are sizing events in your log, From 1080p to 720p to 1920x1200 as if the MP window was moving around.

Are you moving the window? If so, different can of worms.

Need to find out what is going on here on your system. This is the first time in all the log that I saw it. WIndows resized MP three times like it was transferred to a different screen.

And especially strange where the 720p in your setup are coming from. Do you run anything that tries to fiddle with the resolution?

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Aehm, please remember: there are issues with dshowhelper.dll when MP is not running in the primary display! Will show if you use the refresh rate of the prirmary one. Long outstanding issue.

So please focus on the screen size at the moment.

Last edited:

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Aehm, please remember: there are issues with dshowhelper.dll when MP is not running in the primary display! Will show if you use the refresh rate changer. Long outstanding issue...

Is this for me?

If yes, I know this issue. Focus was on playback Screen.
    Even if playback Screen lost Focus in the past, it never was so jerky at all.

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure if this is a known problem:

I just starting testing tonight. I have a desktop PC with MePo running on a secondery screen (HDMI, 1080p). Never had the half/full screen issue, but because I had other HDMI related issues so I wanted to test anyway. I must note that I use the covered PIN19 trick to overcome issues with AVR.

Problem: With the testing binaries (19a) MePo won't fill the screen anymore... The splashscreen does show fullscreen but MePo itself doesn't. It seems to be in the resolution of my primary monitor (1680*1050).

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last for today.
    What I done.
    - started in window
    - maximized window
    - Switch in Fullscreen mode (Alt+Enter)
    - Switch back to Window mode (Alt + enter)[DOUBLEPOST=1366317070][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I must note that I use the covered PIN19 trick to overcome issues with AVR.

I think you should try a non moded cabel, cause binaries here are to prevent full/halfscreen bug.

Last edited:

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think you should try a non moded cabel, cause binaries here are to prevent full/halfscreen bug.

I know, funny right. But then MePo will always jump to, or start on, primary screen when AVR is turned off..

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if this is a known problem:

I just starting testing tonight. I have a desktop PC with MePo running on a secondery screen (HDMI, 1080p). Never had the half/full screen issue, but because I had other HDMI related issues so I wanted to test anyway. I must note that I use the covered PIN19 trick to overcome issues with AVR.

Problem: With the testing binaries (19a) MePo won't fill the screen anymore... The splashscreen does show fullscreen but MePo itself doesn't. It seems to be in the resolution of my primary monitor (1680*1050).
    Logs please when this happens. And fiddling with Pin19 can create issues in the first place as Windows might not see proper notifications when it needs to.

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Logs attached. MePo is not exiting GUI properly now either. I have set "exit to systray". It doesn't to respond to ALT-F4 right away and stays open-like in the taskbar.

Bit offtopic, or maybe not:
    How do other people prevent MePo from moving to, or starting on, a different monitor if the TV or AVR is turned off? Without the PIN19 trick that is ;) Might that also be an issue that can be resolved in these binaries/tree/coding stuff?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom