Call for tester for 1.4.0 features and fixes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think you should try a non moded cabel, cause binaries here are to prevent full/halfscreen bug.

I know, funny right. But then MePo will always jump to, or start on, primary screen when AVR is turned off..
    That is correct. The second display does not not exist anymore. Windows defaults back the primary one and moves all Windows to it. As a window may not be bigger than the desktop, Windows resizes it.

When the removed display connects again, Windows does not move automatically the windows it moved before back.

If you cover Pin19, then Windows will not move the windows, as it does not see the removed display. Instead it will think the removed display has now the resolution of the other one. It cannot properly distinguish existing display anymore.

To make it short: Covering Pin19 never did anything good.

Try if minimizing to the tray on focus loss helps you here...

That option is there for a reason to prevent Windows from moving resizing windows. What is not on the desktop will not be moved. Windows should set an deactivation event before it moves windows.

I had it checked by default, but people complained about it. If that does it for you, I was right not to make this an option in the first place. We will see. Please report back on that issue.

Please let me know if this works. And use a proper HDMI cable!

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do other people prevent MePo from moving to, or starting on, a different monitor if the TV or AVR is turned off? Without the PIN19 trick that is ;) Might that also be an issue that can be resolved in these binaries/tree/coding stuff?
    That is one things these binaries to try make right as well. It just needs testing different setups until all scenarios are covered.

Please use a proper HDMI cable. All the important events in Windows are missing because of it. Might create side effects. And also give the option "Minimize to tray on focus loss" a try. I do not mean "minimize to tray on GUI exit".

Last edited:

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please let me know if this works. And use a proper HDMI cable!

I understand that the trick is dirty. But a major drawback will be that I can't watch my documentaries while GF is browsing facebook simultaneously (n) . My living room PC is multi-purpose...

Covering PIN19 solved most of the issues I had, but I see it comes back at me now. It was a painstaking to get it done so I won't remove it right away (It's a 10m one so no testing cable laying around). I will revert to the 1.3 binaries for now. Your work is much appreciated though!

Last edited:

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do other people prevent MePo from moving to, or starting on, a different monitor if the TV or AVR is turned off?

Different Monitor or different Resolution?
    Some, like me, made a Workaround with teamviewer or ultravnc and changed Resolution of generic vga.

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No I mean different monitor. My TV is connected via AVR as secondary monitor. When AVR is switched off, signal is lost and Windows disables the HDMI output, causing MePo to be moved to my primary monitor.

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do other people prevent MePo from moving to, or starting on, a different monitor if the TV or AVR is turned off?
    With Pin19 connected the GPU reports a resolution change to 1024x768 but not removes the display! That is there for exactly this reason, so the windows do not move. They would temporarily change resolutions. And that was been sorted out for fullscreen mode,

Anyway, if you have a normal HDMI cable and want to help testing, please let me know.

Regarding using MP in fullscreen and another application on another screen. Yeah, here it gets tricky with Windows as only one application can be in focus. But MP should run nicely even if not in focus.

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Frankly I don't think any resolution change happens with PIN19 covered. No sign of that anyway... Connecting through TeamViewer also shows a full resolution desktop on the turned off display. If I understand it correctly, Windows will never notice the device was turned off, so nothing changes.

Or, if you mean this resolution change is happening when TV is turned off with non-modded cable, you might be right. On a similar setup at my dad's no problem arises, but there the TV is connected directly to GPU without an AVR.

The AVR (Onkyo TX-SR508) is the bully in my situation. When turned off it acts like being completely disconnected. I've read that introducing a powered HDMI-splitter might solve this, by keeping a signal alive.

I would like to contribute, but testing is difficult. I have no 10meter cable lying around. Maybe my situation is to deviating anyway?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I would like to contribute
    as scythe42 and others already said - we need testing in real situations, without any modified DLLs or hardware hacks. Any of these poins can change standard behavior and create unnecessary work to find non-existing bugs generated by those hacks/tricks.

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just tested the update. Seemed to work well except the missing recordings. One thing I thought might be fixed in this build was a problem with the mouse selection on the home screen. Using Titan skin if you click on TV and then try to click on any of the selections they disappear as soon as you move the mouse. Using the thumbwheel of the mouse after you click on TV works correctly if you don't move the mouse.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just tested the update. Seemed to work well except the missing recordings. One thing I thought might be fixed in this build was a problem with the mouse selection on the home screen. Using Titan skin if you click on TV and then try to click on any of the selections they disappear as soon as you move the mouse. Using the thumbwheel of the mouse after you click on TV works correctly if you don't move the mouse.
    Thats a problem of the skin...titan is not made for mouse control!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom