Caller ID plugin (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hey all

What is your experience with the Caller ID plugin available. Is it pretty and easy to install?

Cheers

Ps searched all over and not much info availble

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Next version of MP has an integrated caller id plugin

This new plugin is based on an opensource caller id plugin for windows media center which you can find here:
    http://www.byz.org/~ethanz/mce-yac

yac-screen.jpg

A

Anonymous

well that is good news, i just found a Mega-I-Modem that will do caller ID cheap and I was wondering whether or not to buy it.

It is good to see you are using YAC as Tapirex isnt as reliable/compatible.

Any ETA on this feature ;) dont mean to be annoying but My holidays end next week.

Oh and frodo can you avoid posting MCE 2005 images me and it had a falling out and it wassn't pretty :)

Cheers

MichaelK

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2005
    Kaarst, Germany
    i made some tests now with yac, and im am not able to run it with isdn.
    i think here in germany many users have isdn and no callerid modem.
    i tried capiports and tapiport but both don't work with yac. any suggestions here ?

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    simbot82 said:
    give this a go, its YAc based i believe and it is specifically for ISDN users

http://www.filebasket.com/product.php[id]58540[cid]280[SiteID]filebasket

Maybe it can be made compatible?

Forget that one. It's 3 years old, the author does not even offer it on his homepage and, what is most, it is not related to YAC in any way.

MichaelK, what ISDN system or card are you using? I coded a solution, but that is based on DSP ISDN cards (for call centers).

MichaelK

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2005
    Kaarst, Germany
    hm dsp isdn ? never heard that. i have an fritz-card pci.
    yacid didn't work. i tested it. it is a standalone tool.
    it would be much better if yac would using a tapi device.
    there is a tapidriver for the fritz card available. or the
    capiport wich emulates modemports. but nothing work
    at the moment.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AVM Fritz! cards are passive cards, that means all communication is handled by the driver. DSP cards have a dedicated chip on them, which, in my case, handles voice stuff etc. directly by the hardware. That's the difference. But not interesting for this stuff. I just mentioned it, because I coded a "bridge" for the commercial software ISDNphone, which is a phoning software for those DSP cards, which sends such incoming calls to Frodo's YAC plugin. Just some information, but you can forget about it immediately again, I think. :wink:

The TAPI drivers which work with ISDN cards do not support CID stuff, IIRC, that's the reason why it does not work. And I'm quite sure that there is no solution for this available yet, and probably never will. Would be cool, if someone has got more information, but these are the facts I know.

As a conclusion, if you'd have a DSP ISDN card (for call centers) I could help you, otherwise you'd have to use analog modems, AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread