Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

RedeviL

Portal Member
August 22, 2007
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
The card is definitly capable of decoding any and all H.264 media, all 8000 series cards can.

Are you running it with Timeshift enabled?

If so, this is a very interesting situation as it's still a grey area as to if the cards will take the load of decoding recorded media - which is whats happening with Timeshift enabled.

It would be very interesting to see if it runs smoothly with Timeshift disabled?

[edit] I just re-read what you said - and you mentioned EVR. Check out here for Vista EVR info:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-talk-233/vista-evr-support-23207/index37.html
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...est-here-48/vista-evr-support-part-2-a-30845/

Sorry, still getting coffee into me!

andysh

Portal Member
June 15, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Had a look at those threads, the suggestiong they suggested didn't seem to work :( boo lol

Could it be that the card has enough power for the 567i channels, but not the 720p or 1080i channels?

RedeviL

Portal Member
August 22, 2007
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
It won't be power related, your machine also has the processing power to decode it smoothly in software.

Have you tried the Nvidia drivers rather than the Windows Update ones?
Windows update drivers are almost never the latest.

andysh

Portal Member
June 15, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yea it runs all fine when I use the CoreAVC codec on VMR9 just at 80% cpu usage. Also nVidia doesn't have drivers on their site for laptops, becuase I think the drivers are usually brand specific. Any ideas on what drivers to try would be great though, at this stage using 7.15.11.5669

5Hundred

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Am i right in thinking coreavc doesn't support hardware acceleration? You need the powerdvd8 codec i think.

RedeviL

Portal Member
August 22, 2007
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yea it runs all fine when I use the CoreAVC codec on VMR9 just at 80% cpu usage. Also nVidia doesn't have drivers on their site for laptops, becuase I think the drivers are usually brand specific. Any ideas on what drivers to try would be great though, at this stage using 7.15.11.5669

GeForce Release 175

I would expect it to work, but it's worth a try - worst that can happen is it won't work. :p
Then you just uninstall it and rerun Windows update to locate their one again.

And yeah, CoreAVCs purpose is spreading the decoding load over multiple CPU cores to obtain better performance - so it's not doing hardware decoding at all.

andysh

Portal Member
June 15, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yea I got the powerdvd8 codecs aswell. I use the PDVD8 codecs when using EVR

P.S Yea those drivers don't work, wont even load the setup ha

dxp

June 8, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
wow, i popped in to see if people were talking about dvb-t yet, given it's impending unveiling - i didn't expect as much discussion as their has been! i won't leave it so long between visits from now on i guess.

Out of interest did anyone find any good links for satellite pics that can be used in My Weather?

i found the image on this page...

NOAA Satellite Image Archive of New Zealand by Landcare Research

which is the best nz one i've seen so far, but i can't find a way to isolate it for mp in a way that it would always display the latest image (it updates twice a day). anyone have any ideas?
Hi Coina, I ended up here (page 96 of the thread!) from a link in one of RadScorpion’s blogs and noticed your reference to NOAA Satellite Image Archive of New Zealand by Landcare Research. It so happens that I manage that facility and site, so if you need help accessing images I can help. If you want a direct link to the most recent image (jpg) alone, then I may need to modify a script on the server side.

Woohooo that would be soooo cool.
Welcome to Media Portal :D

OK, whenever it uploads a new image to the server, it should create a duplicate named lcr_latest.jpg. You can access this duplicate image directly.

Feel free to use this without restriction for personal use. However, if you use these image on a public web site please make sure that Landcare Research is acknowledged as the source, preferably with the NOAA Satellite Image Archive of New Zealand by Landcare Research link.

The other thing to be aware of, is that this facility uses lots of very old obsolete equipment which has frequent breakdowns. As it is no longer actively used in any of our funded research projects, getting it going again isn't a high priority. However, we do our best to keep it alive as there are still plenty of visitors to the site. Also, the NOAA series itself will end within the next few years and the replacement NPOESS series requires a different reception facility using X-band.

In the mean time, enjoy! :)

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Dxp, excellent work on the image for weather. Thanks. I noticed that you include a copyright statement (quite rightly) at the top left of the image. Would there be any chance of getting the image creation date/time included in that notice?

Thanks Again,
Cheers Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom