Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Since getting MP up and running I get duplicated programme description information from the DVB-S EPG. It seems like the description is repeated. Is everyone else getting this too? Is there a fix?

Thanks

I also get this, haven't investigated it as I've been concentrating on getting PowerDVD to intergrate.

I was going to log a bug report but I haven't found any reference to it in non NZ posts so I guess maybe its something to do with the way they're transmitting the EPG here and not an issue with MP.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Since getting MP up and running I get duplicated programme description information from the DVB-S EPG. It seems like the description is repeated. Is everyone else getting this too? Is there a fix?

Thanks

I also get this, haven't investigated it as I've been concentrating on getting PowerDVD to intergrate.

I was going to log a bug report but I haven't found any reference to it in non NZ posts so I guess maybe its something to do with the way they're transmitting the EPG here and not an issue with MP.

I also get in with DVB-T in MP, but not in Powercinema.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was going to log a bug report but I haven't found any reference to it in non NZ posts
    You might log it as a bug report anyway, MediaPortal should detect and correct these sorts of problems :)

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, I get this too. I didn't report it as it seemed minor. I did a little twiddle to EPGDBUpdater.cs which removes any duplication before inserting the result in the database.

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's in the code. The problem is that you're then stuck with re-building MP Server after downloading an update to incorporate the change. The fix is a real bodge, so I wouldn't insult the developers by asking them to include it. The only real solution is to report it, with all that that entails with logs and so forth. Here's the bodge up, if you are into that sort of thing:

C:\MediaPortalServer\TVLibrary\TVDatabase\TvBusinessLayer\EpgDBUpdater.cs

around line 344 in version 18513

description=EvalTemplate(_descriptionTemplate, values);
    int len=description.Length;
    if (len > 1)
    {
    string rightD = description.Substring(len / 2, len / 2);
    string leftD = description.Substring(0, len / 2);
    if (leftD.Equals(rightD))
    description = description.Remove(len/2);
    }

I can't say I'm proud of the code, but it works, and might survive any other solution that appears.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's in the code. The problem is that you're then stuck with re-building MP Server after downloading an update to incorporate the change. The fix is a real bodge, so I wouldn't insult the developers by asking them to include it. The only real solution is to report it, with all that that entails with logs and so forth. Here's the bodge up, if you are into that sort of thing:

C:\MediaPortalServer\TVLibrary\TVDatabase\TvBusinessLayer\EpgDBUpdater.cs

around line 344 in version 18513

description=EvalTemplate(_descriptionTemplate, values);
    int len=description.Length;
    if (len > 1)
    {
    string rightD = description.Substring(len / 2, len / 2);
    string leftD = description.Substring(0, len / 2);
    if (leftD.Equals(rightD))
    description = description.Remove(len/2);
    }

I can't say I'm proud of the code, but it works, and might survive any other solution that appears.

Hey, looks like a good bit of logic to me. :D

Can anyone point me to the right place to lodge this bug with the MP gurus? I'm happy to go through the process of submitting logs etc. but just can't see where on the site I'm meant to do this.

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone use a standard Sky disk to get Optus D2? Currently, I only record from Optus D1, but apparently D2 can also be received on the other LNB (I have a dual LNB dish). I wondered if anyone was doing that and if so, how do you get TVE3 to send the correct voltage (or tone?) to engage the second LNB.

Cheers Mike

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey it looks like a fine solution to me. Only better I could think of is if the description is actually transmitted twice at 2 discrete "packets" in which case it would be better to fix when the EPG is grabbed. but "6 of 1 half a dozen of the other" I'd say go a head and submit it.

Can anyone point me to the right place to lodge this bug
    1.0 RC1 and SVN Builds - MediaPortal Forum

Does anyone use a standard Sky disk to get Optus D2?
    No but I've always wondered how this might work, I've not got a dual LNB so can't try it, I think these LNBs use 22Khz to switch, whereas TVServer provides 22Khz switch for a single LNB with 2 LOFs. so try setting both LOFs the same in TV Server and setting the switch to 0, that way TVServer will always send the 22khz, now try to scan D2. It's a long shot, but it might just work, if it does then a patch to switch LNBs shouldn't be too hard and I'd be happy to give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom