Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (8 Viewers)

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Mcraenz

Nope - no luck yet. I turned off the Sky decoder but then I could not receive anything. So I figured that the LNB wasn't getting any power. One of my DVB-S cards has an additional power socket on it, I presume that is meant to have a power plug attached so that it can power the LNB's. I did not install that power plug. I plan to do that later this week to see if it will drive the dish without the Sky decoder in the circuit.

Hopefully by then I can get it to access D2.

PS I know that Video Redo are working on H264 support. At least then we can edit the commercials out of the recordings. Until then, looks like we are stuck. To be honest I was looking towards you for a change to comskip!!! :)

Cheers Mike

RedeviL

Portal Member
August 22, 2007
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have a Dual LNB sky dish - will power the machine back on at lunch to fiddle with the signals and see if I can get anything out of D2.

Last time I tried I was able to locate D2 but not tune any channels - 22KHz was the tone required.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Recording suddenly become unreliable - RC1

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I've been using RC1 since it's release and it's been very reliable. Suddenly on Sunday night I've had an issue with it not recording a scheduled programme. The programme entry was in the recorded TV section but the was no programme data.
    I thought perhaps it was a one off lock up of the TV card and so rebooted and set-up some test recordings the next day. Some worked some didn't. In each case I scheduled the recording so there was a big enough gap to the next programme that the machine would go back to sleep (S4) and then have to wake for the next time slot.
    I then set the "reinitialize service on wake up" to "on" in powerscheduler advanced settings and increased the delay before detcting TV cards setting from 20 seconds to 40.
    I scheduled more test recordings yesterday. The first 4 didn't work, the rest did.
    This has got me stumped as I haven't changed anything in my system set-up.
    I've reviewed the TSwriter log but most of it doesn't mean much to me. I can see that for some reason the shows that have failed don't seem to have all of the "Record" instructions but am not sure what to check next.
    I've attached the log from yesterday in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction. :confused:

RedeviL

Portal Member
    August 22, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No luck tuning D2 in, turns out the tonne switch doesn't work on my Hauppauge card. :(

Last time I tried I was using the standalone pre-TV-Server version.
    Guess I'll just have to wait.

RedeviL

Portal Member
    August 22, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the old version, yes.
    This was over a year ago.

New version doesn't support tonne switching on Hauppauge cards. So hopefully it's something they'll work on.

RedeviL

Portal Member
    August 22, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To the first question:
    FrequentlyAskedQuestions - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

I tested by doing as you suggested, it continued to scan D1 but with D2's TP settings.
    I then researched and it appears the dual LNB might be able to switch with DiSEqC - so tried all the available dropdowns. Same result, scanned D1 but with D2's TP settings.

It may be a combination of DiSEqC and Switch frequency - obviously I'm quite stuck in testing that side.

kuku

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up. Howver I tried this with my Microsoft MCE remote and it didn't work, had a look at remote mappings and it seemed to be set properly. Using the same SVN. Will try with my Nova T remote when I have time.
    Edit: I should try a bit harder before I post. Found and checked 'Enabled DVB subtitls' and it worked. Well done guys

There is still something funny with the DTT freeview subtitles, though.

Only TV2 has DVB subtitles, right? For some reason, they are off by approximately 2 seconds. I don't think that this is a problem with Mediaportal. A friend of mine has a freeview set top box, and his subs are out of sync, too.

The DTT p. 801 subtitles are also a bit odd. Only TV6 has them, but MP shows the TV6 subs on all TVNZ channels (like TV1 and TV2).

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Redevil

Did you have the power cable attached to the Tuner card? My card has a power socket mounted at the rear top of the card. Does yours - and did you apply power to it?

Cheers Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom