Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Only sound recorded from DVB-T

Hi guys just spent megabucks upgrading pretty much everything (see system specs to the right). Got an HVR-2200 seems to work fine with the latest SVN except... When I record any DVB-T channels I only get sound recorded.... I am not at home just now so cant post logs but if you need them let me know which ones to post.... I have tried using VRM9 and the other one with dotnet3.5 (heh), also have tried recording to .ts and .mpg, doesnt seem to make a difference. I can view the channels fine, even timeshift, but the recorded file only shows blank screen + sound... any ideas? Should I try switching off deinterlacing or something? I am using the powerDVD ultra-delux 7.3 codec which as I said works fine for live TV. Analog channels record fine....

Any of you guys had similar problems?

Nevermind! Just did clean install with latest SVN seems to work now....

As an aside Ive been on DVB-S for the last year or so and was gutted to find AltTV is no longer FTA!! No naked news.... bummer!

Cheers,
Matt

dingbatt

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
8 Day epg download using low priority tuner

I have a setup where I watch FreeviewNZ (MediaPortal RC1/TV-Server) using the DVB-T side of my hauppauge HVR-3000 cards but rely on the DVB-S side to download the 8 day EPG. The -T tuners are set at a higher priority than the -S tuners (to get HD as a first option) so as far as I can tell that means when MP goes to update the EPG it uses the -T tuners, and because of MHEG-5 gets no useful info. Is there any way to force MP/TVS to use the -S tuner as its first choice for EPG? At the moment I manually disable the -T tuners, and update the EPG, then re-enable them. I am unsure if each mux carries only its own EPG info. I have all the freeview channels that are T and S paired.
The only other info I have found on this thread relates to using a -S download in support of an analogue channel. Is there a plugin or a setting that will allow me to say use this particular DVB-S tuner to download the EPG when idle?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You can disable EPG grabbing on the DVB-T card altogether in the settings for the card. I submitted the path for this very reason :D Of course it means for channels that don't occur on DVB-S you don't get even the now and next.

dingbatt

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    8-day EPG download - fixed!

Thanks McRaeNZ:)
    I didn't realise there was an edit function for individual tuners. No more fiddling around disabling DVB-T tuners. None of the DVB-T only channels are of interest to me so no EPG for them is of little consequence.

NZOldFart

Portal Member
    November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All
    I'm not much of a techy but tend to bumble my way along and eventually seem to get things working. Have used MP for a year or so now and just upgraded my system and installed RC1 TV Server which seems to be working ok. I don't have a sky or an HD TV yet but have just ordered a Hauppauge HVR2200 to so I can get Freeview terrestrial. Will be interesting to see how I get on with that. Keep most of my media files on a separate ClarkConnect Linux server (makes use of an old Pentium 2 machine I had hanging around) and only use the HTPC storage for recording TV - anything I want to keep gets moved to the server.

I'm a little intrigued with the discussion on EPG and the use of the tuners to download it. I don't know anything about that. I've been using xmltvnz from reven. I installed RC3 of xmltvnz and seem to have a few problems with the grabbing. Don't know why. Went back to RC2 and seems to be ok with that. Anyone else have any problems with RC3? Interested in any info about the use of alternatives to xmltvnz. Thanks.

Alan
    :D

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm a little intrigued with the discussion on EPG and the use of the tuners to download it.
    If you have a DVB-S card you can get the EPG for Freeview and Sky off the satellite, This makes for a very reliable EPG.

NZOldFart

Portal Member
    November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok thx: Guess that's no good for me then. As a matter of interest - is there any reason why the EPG isn't or can't be broadcast over the DVB-T system? Sorry - but as I said I'm not a techy and don't get this stuff.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well it is but only in the new MHEG5 format, which is something that mediaportal doesn't yet support So yeah your best bet is some kind of xml import.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Hmm... Is MHEG5 format support in the roadmap for RC2? Also, is HVR2200 Analog support going to come around any time soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom