Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Did anyone else record the Opening Ceremony last night? I recorded it on both TV1 and Sports Extra and both recordings cut out at 3:02hrs. Hence we missed the lighting of the torch :(

Is this a technical limitation in Mediaportal or a setting I need to change? Maybe I should start a new thread on this.

It was repeated about an hour ago on Sport Extra (not in HD though...). I too missed the last bit so i recorded the lighting of the torch ;)

Stretchie

August 9, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi all,
Just got my Hauppauge WinTV NOVA T500 yesterday. Running fine with PowerCinema, but can't get MP to "see " TV channels. I have tried everything I can think of but I'm a real newbie to this stuff. PowerCinema automatically scanned for TV stations and found all the Freeview ones which look brilliant on my Sony Bravia X Series. Using Powercinema, some functions on the Hauppauge remote don't work though, most noticably the menu key, which is a real pain, as I can select the Menu option on screen with my mouse. I believe MP has good support for the remote, which is why I would love to get it running properly. I'm stuck at trying to configure TV Server Configuration. When I click on it I get to the SQL Connection settings and it gives me a User ID as "sa" and no password. If I try and use MySQL, It gives me User ID "root" and no password. Any ideas where these passwords are kept, or am I doing things completely wrong! Help much appreciated!!

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Stretchie: You need to use TV server for Freeview. For the database use the user sa and the password mediaportal. From there it should auto detect your tuner cards and you'll be able to scan/map channels. Note that getting mediaportal setup exactly as you want will take quite a bit of tweaking compared to powercinema but in the end it'll be much better.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all,
    Just got my Hauppauge WinTV NOVA T500 yesterday. Running fine with PowerCinema, but can't get MP to "see " TV channels. I have tried everything I can think of but I'm a real newbie to this stuff. PowerCinema automatically scanned for TV stations and found all the Freeview ones which look brilliant on my Sony Bravia X Series. Using Powercinema, some functions on the Hauppauge remote don't work though, most noticably the menu key, which is a real pain, as I can select the Menu option on screen with my mouse. I believe MP has good support for the remote, which is why I would love to get it running properly. I'm stuck at trying to configure TV Server Configuration. When I click on it I get to the SQL Connection settings and it gives me a User ID as "sa" and no password. If I try and use MySQL, It gives me User ID "root" and no password. Any ideas where these passwords are kept, or am I doing things completely wrong! Help much appreciated!!

If you paid attention during installation, it tells you that the password is "mediaportal" :)

These pages should help you...

Mediaportal setup guide for NZ - cranznz - Freeview|HD and MediaPortal

Mediaportal TV Server setup manual - TV-Server - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

Be prepared for a lot of tweaking to get things going properly... =)

Growler

Portal Member
    August 8, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all,

set my AverTV Hybrid Speedy pci-e up last night. Very pain free. DVB-T

Im running vistax86 ultimate, AM2 4800x2, 2gb ram, 8600gt, Power DVD 8 & 7 and winDVD .264 codec.

I have all channels scanned in and operating clear. But tv 3 & C4 are very jumpy regardless of what codec settings i use. Wether i use hardware acceleration, ERV, VRM9, PDVD7 or 8, or winDVD 7. Signal quality & Strength are both 100%.

Im in Chch pulling from Sugarloaf via external aerial (brand new setup, hills aerial, complete overkill for my needs)

I have made sure the purevideo setting is activated in Power DVD also.

Im using 1.0 RC2, i tried just a naked fresh install and then i tried using latest weekly snapshts as well for everything, but no difference.

I know 3 & 4 are from mediaworks, could it be related to that? maybe my aerial is not quite angled right? im really at quite a loss.

Thanks hugely for any input :D :D

** If i preview 3 & c4 in the tv-server config, its not jumpy/laggy at all, i didnt know if this was of any use at all.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    try running mediaportal in a window (disable full screen mode under general settings in mediaportal config) then check out your cpu useage while watching live tv. then ctrl+alt+del, load task manager, check cpu useage is low.

Stretchie

August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks so much!! I finally got a picture but it's quite laggy. I'll try different codecs. One problem though. I'm following the online help re setting up as suggested, but I'm now in MediaPortal Configuration, and when I expand Television, the only options I get are TV Client, TV Postprocessing and Teletext. I can't see any options such as Capture Cards, Tv Channels, TV Channel Groups, Recording or Program Guide. Any ideas? Also can anyone suggest the best codec for the Hauppauge Nova 500 T card Thanks, Pete

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks so much!! I finally got a picture but it's quite laggy. I'll try different codecs. One problem though. I'm following the online help re setting up as suggested, but I'm now in MediaPortal Configuration, and when I expand Television, the only options I get are TV Client, TV Postprocessing and Teletext. I can't see any options such as Capture Cards, Tv Channels, TV Channel Groups, Recording or Program Guide. Any ideas? Thanks, Pete

Mediaportal RC2 comes with two programs

1. TV Server
    Run tv-server config to set it up.
    TV Server is always running in the background, even if you don't load mediaportal.
    TV Server is responsible for automatically recording any programs that you want to schedule record.
    TV Server gives the raw data to mediaportal when you go to watch TV in mediaportal

2. Mediaportal
    This is the front end program (Client for TVServer)
    This program connects to TV server when you want to watch TV.
    This program will tell TV Server to record a program

To setup your tv card, you run TV-Server configurationnot mediaportal configuration.

I suggest you re-read the cranz guide i sent you.
    cranznz - Freeview|HD and MediaPortal
    It has all this information with screen shots.
    Also: you should read through the wiki before asking questions.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, is anyone else having trouble with terrestrial TV1 and TV2. They are fine at first but after viewing them for about 10 - 15 sec the frame rate slows from 50 fps to ~38 fps. If I pause TV and play it again the frame rate goes back to 50 fps for a few seconds but slows down again. It's not too bad but is noticeably not as smooth as the other channels. This only seems to effect the progressive channels and the others (TV3, C4, TVNZ6 etc) are fine. This happens using both the PowerDVD 8 codec and CoreAVC. I'm using RC2 and an 8600GT for hardware acceleration. The hardware acceleration works fine on all channels with about 10% CPU usage. Is anyone able to help?
    Thanks

I have the same issue - TV1 & TV2 seem to play at a consistent 37.5fps (I think the frame rate starting at 50fps is due to the MediaPortal UI being set at 50fps; switch to fullscreen tv and the 'average' starts to drop down to 37.5fps)
    Anyone else? Please check fps by pressing 'shift + 1' - is anybody getting 50fps for TV1 and TV2?

Cheers

I've started a new thread to (hopefully) have this issue further looked in to - Only 37.5fps on Progressive channels

Howdy folks,

just wondering what software people are using to cut advertising out of their dvb-t recordings? Attack of the Clones looked outstanding last night and would like to remove those pesky ads - I'm not interested in converting or compressing the file as I don't want to lose any of the detail or quality; I just want a quality, high def version until the saga is finally (hopefully) released on BluRay ;-)

Cheers,

Trav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom