Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all

Been searching through theAt the moment when I record something(lets say One News). THe recordings are fine, its in its own folder ... however when you go into Recorded TV, select the folder, they are all listed, but its impossible to tell whch related to which day. So is it possible to have it display the date on which it was recorded?

YEAH! I think the TV Recordings view should show a bunch more detail and could work a lot better.

I once loaded the "TV Recordings" plugin which gave a bit more detail. However i clicked something and it ended up removing all my future recordings from the TV guide..... Hence to say it was un-installed.

geekiegeek

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, is anyone else having trouble with terrestrial TV1 and TV2. They are fine at first but after viewing them for about 10 - 15 sec the frame rate slows from 50 fps to ~38 fps. If I pause TV and play it again the frame rate goes back to 50 fps for a few seconds but slows down again. It's not too bad but is noticeably not as smooth as the other channels. This only seems to effect the progressive channels and the others (TV3, C4, TVNZ6 etc) are fine. This happens using both the PowerDVD 8 codec and CoreAVC. I'm using RC2 and an 8600GT for hardware acceleration. The hardware acceleration works fine on all channels with about 10% CPU usage. Is anyone able to help?
    Thanks

I'mrunning R2 and have noticed TV1 (which I watch alot of) is showing a little funny - slight stutter in panning shots. Could this (low frame rate) be the cause? I'll do check of the actual frame rate when I get home tonight.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it was a brand new run of cable >.< direct aerial to Tuner card in back of PC.

the weird thing is, if i open server configuration, preview tv3 or C4, and make it full screen on my LCD, its fine. Not the optimum way to do it by any means, but thats what makes me think its not my reception or input to the actual DVB-T card

Can you repeat the ts writter log test as before but this time create to separate log files:
    A preview the C4/TV3 in TVServer then A preview them in MediaPortal.

Do you have more than 1 h.264 codec installed? If so which ones?

Growler

Portal Member
    August 8, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you have more than 1 h.264 codec installed? If so which ones?

Yes, I had ffdshow for a while for streaming from pc to lcd of .264 encoded 1080 movies, i also have PDVD 8, 7.3, AVCORE? & i presume the default avermedia one that came with my card?

I read in a thread today that i might have ffdshow setup to take control of something that might be making a conflict. I emailed the details to myself at home and will try it after work.

Have you used Graphedit to see if there are any differences between preview mode and MP in the codecs being used?

i hate to sound like a nub, but how do i use graphedit?

philster

Portal Member
    March 16, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

- Start the preview from TV server config
    - While preview is running start Graphedit.
    - In Graphedit, select File -> Connect to Remote Graph
    - It should give you a list containing 1 entry, select and click OK
    - The result should show you what Audo & Video Codecs are being used by the preview.

Now repeat the above steps while watching the a channel in MP started in windowed mode. This will tell you if different codecs are being used to the Preview.

Growler

Portal Member
    August 8, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

- Start the preview from TV server config
    - While preview is running start Graphedit.
    - In Graphedit, select File -> Connect to Remote Graph
    - It should give you a list containing 1 entry, select and click OK
    - The result should show you what Audo & Video Codecs are being used by the preview.

i get no options in my list when going connect to remote graph, in either MP or TV server:confused:

** fixed, had to do the regsrv thing

Growler

Portal Member
    August 8, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you repeat the ts writter log test as before but this time create to separate log files:
    A preview the C4/TV3 in TVServer then A preview them in MediaPortal.

Files as requested, a clean log with 60 secs from C4 in server config, and another with 60 secs from MP.

Server video was perfectly watchable, MP was not.

Growler

Portal Member
    August 8, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Now repeat the above steps while watching the a channel in MP started in windowed mode. This will tell you if different codecs are being used to the Preview.

Server is using "avermedia H.264/AVC Decoder" to VMR renderer & sound is Monogram AAC to default direct sound

MP is using "Cyberlink H.264/AVC DECODER (PDVD8)" to EVR & Sound is still monogram direct sound to external source (my amp)

If i go into MP configurator I do not see a avermedia H.264/AVC Decoder under codec choice i only have CoreAVC, Cyberlink 7.x & 8

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm...Interesting..Here's a theory: You're graphics is causing interference on your dvb-t card either when it's rendering the mediaportal interface or when it's doing h.264 decoding. Can you list your full system specs in the "System Specs" section of your forum profile so we can all see it on the side? The solution here is not to make MP use the avermedia H.264/AVC Decoder, if anything that will only mask the problem.

2 More things to try. take tswriter logs of the following:
    In TVServer under manual control use the time shift button to start timeshifting C4 for ~5 minutes
    Repeat the same thing but with MP Playing a TV recording .

See the thing is, neither MediaProtal or your video codec setup play any part in how the tswriter functions, it's only writing data from the DVB-T card to the disk, it knows nothing about video. But as it's plain to see you are getting 2 different results from tswriter.

Have a read of this:
    Electro-magnetic interference on M2A-VM HDMI Motherboard

geekiegeek

Portal Member
    September 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, is anyone else having trouble with terrestrial TV1 and TV2. They are fine at first but after viewing them for about 10 - 15 sec the frame rate slows from 50 fps to ~38 fps. If I pause TV and play it again the frame rate goes back to 50 fps for a few seconds but slows down again. It's not too bad but is noticeably not as smooth as the other channels. This only seems to effect the progressive channels and the others (TV3, C4, TVNZ6 etc) are fine. This happens using both the PowerDVD 8 codec and CoreAVC. I'm using RC2 and an 8600GT for hardware acceleration. The hardware acceleration works fine on all channels with about 10% CPU usage. Is anyone able to help?
    Thanks

I'mrunning R2 and have noticed TV1 (which I watch alot of) is showing a little funny - slight stutter in panning shots. Could this (low frame rate) be the cause? I'll do check of the actual frame rate when I get home tonight.

Checked the frame rate last night and TV1 is dropping from 50 down to 48 then 47 within a few minutes - also a couple of hundred dropped frames in that time. TV3 stays at a constant 50FPS???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom