Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Paraogon - are you sure the digital channels are mapped to both hyrbid tuners and not just one?

paragon

April 1, 2009
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    are you sure the digital channels are mapped to both hyrbid tuners and not just one?

Hi - yep they're definitely both mapped, thanks.

I've found another thread which seems to be describing most of the problems I've been having, including ones I hadn't mentioned yet like not being able to delete some recordings. So maybe fixes are on the way:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-dvbfix-mediaportal-now-x86-x64-builds-57137/

I haven't had much time to play with it in the last few days, but I did try going back to the default skin with no change in behaviour. Interestingly, the default skin doesn't like the Vista/Windows 7 120% font size setting, all the fonts look puffy, whereas the StreamedMP skin seems to work fine.

Cheers,

Julian.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi exDee,

I read your recent reply on using Handbrake to convert ts format recordings to other formats MP4 / AVI. I tried it for a TV3 recording (which I believe is in 1080i interlaced format) applying all the settings you mention. I found the sound conversion to be perfect, but the picture ended up pixelated or bury during motion - almost like if I did not use de-interlacing on the original ts format but pixelated as well.

Do you have any suggestions on the above? I'm thinking that perhaps I should use de-interlacing in Handbrake for 1080i broadcast recordings?

Can any other New Zealanders offer any advice of tools they use to convert to other formats and ultimately DVD's. Also, is anybody else having issues with TV3 or C4 recordings? I'm keen to record and cut C4 music videos.

I have also heard good things about MCEBuddy - has anybody got this working sucessfully without loss of quality?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Graham

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thats odd, yes try unticking decombing and tick 'slow deinterlacing' or whatever the middle one is called.

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Has anyone else noticed the drop in quality of the tvnz mux on freeview satellite? I record everything in the TS format & now shows that used to be consistently around 2gig are now only 1.4gig and there is a noticeable quality drop (digital pixelation, mushy video etc)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi ExDee,

That setting seemed to make a bit of a difference - thanks, however it's not as good as the original recording. I noticed that the file was about 1/4 of the original as an AVI - which makes me think that perhaps there is another setting which may produce a bigger file, but more of the sharp Freeview picture of the original. Any thoughts on this?

Regards

Graham

Pommedan

Portal Member
    March 30, 2009
    Dunedin
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi exDee,

I read your recent reply on using Handbrake to convert ts format recordings to other formats MP4 / AVI. I tried it for a TV3 recording (which I believe is in 1080i interlaced format) applying all the settings you mention. I found the sound conversion to be perfect, but the picture ended up pixelated or bury during motion - almost like if I did not use de-interlacing on the original ts format but pixelated as well.

Do you have any suggestions on the above? I'm thinking that perhaps I should use de-interlacing in Handbrake for 1080i broadcast recordings?

Can any other New Zealanders offer any advice of tools they use to convert to other formats and ultimately DVD's. Also, is anybody else having issues with TV3 or C4 recordings? I'm keen to record and cut C4 music videos.

I have also heard good things about MCEBuddy - has anybody got this working sucessfully without loss of quality?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Graham

I sometimes use TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress for cutting ads after using handbrake. TMPGenc will also convert and edit the .TS file but audio seems to be usually out of sync but this can be sorted out in program before the conversion.

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    re #2156
    Biggles69: Now you mention it, I have noticed pixellation recently. I thought I had just got used to my new 1080p Telly, and was getting more critical. Don't have enough old recordings to compare actual .ts file sizes.

I had hoped Freeview would put HD on the satellite, but they told me no, only on terrestrial 'because that is where the majority of customers are'. Excuse me, but doesn't the satellite cover 100% of NZ, and terrestrial about 20% (of the land area)?! It hasn't stopped TVNZ appearing in HD on the Sky sat channels (for a consideration). Grrr! Perhaps they are pinching bandwidth from Freeview to give to the rich?

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, freeview have said that Sky are using most of the Optus Bandwidth for their HD content so freeview can't put HD on the satellite.
    I Live in Nelson and we are very low on their priority list to put Terrestrial Digital in, so like most people outside of major centers we won't be getting HD either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom