Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

yesdup

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
mcraenz

Are you using the PVR-150 for sky with an IR blaster?

No. I have a sky dish but not a sky box or subscription.....:) so i get epg from TV1,2,3,4 via satellite plugged into the Nova s card.
But the pvr 150 is just plugged into the ariel both uhf and vhf so i can get prime...:) Prime is not transmitted on FTA satellite so no EPG for it.

Does this make my set up clearer???

So can you see my problem trying to get the epg for my pvr 150 :confused:

thanks in advance for any help...:)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...But the pvr 150 is just plugged into the ariel both uhf and vhf so i can get prime...:) ...So can you see my problem trying to get the epg for my pvr 150...

When you scan for digital channels do you get Sky channels too (listed in red because they're scrambled - if you do one of them should be Prime). Try rescanning on your Nova-S card and see if you get it (I don't use that card so I don't know). If you do, DON'T delete it - you need to go to the "Combinations" tab and combine the 2 Prime channels; Select your PVR150 then "Prime" then "Similar channels" (from memory) and you should see Prime on the right hand side. Select the "EPG only" option (I'm doing this from memory but I think that's right) and you're done. Then make sure you've selected Prime to appear in your TV Guide. Everything should be sweet :)

Hope that helps...

Bleazle

yesdup

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Bleazle

You are correct about getting other channels and yes they were scrambled.

So are you saying that one of those is prime and carries a valid epg that i can use even though it is a scrambled channel?? Is it listed as Prime though?? Don't remember seeing any channel names on the scrambled ones .....but i shall rescan and see what comes up....:D

Hope this is true will be SOOOO COOOOL if it works...:)

Thanks

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...So are you saying that one of those is prime and carries a valid epg that i can use even though it is a scrambled channel?? ...

Yes - you just use the EPG data from it

..Don't remember seeing any channel names on the scrambled ones .....

Like I say I haven't used the Nova-S card but I'd assume you still get the channel names - maybe you're thinking of when you scanned your PVR150 (which just gives you numbers and you have to work out which one is Prime)...

Check out the link mcraenz provided - a picture tells a 1,00 words after all.

Bleazle

rcrowle

March 18, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi there,

I am having problems with watching tv3, the other channels seem ok...I have updated all my drivers i have
Dual Core E6300 1.86GH, using Asus 8400GS 512 graphics card, i have tried different codec (best one is PowerDVD9)

I guess i wonder if i should replace the graphics card or is the processer just not good enough?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I presume you are talking about DVB-T. I think the 8400 is fine. Can you confirm with graphedit that PDVD is being used that hardware acceleration is enabled. What's your CPU usage at when watching TV?

rcrowle

March 18, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Opps sorry

I got Nova T 500, XP Pro sp3, 2gb RAM, Dual Core E6300 1.86GH, using Asus 8400GS 512 graphics card

I thought i have turned on hardware acceleration, but maybe i missing something here, the CPU is really high when watching TV 90+% so i assuming that i not got hardware acceleration on then.

paragon

April 1, 2009
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks. I've been playing with a MediaPortal setup using an HVR-2200 on an AMD 780G board and Windows 7 beta. Bits of it are working nicely, others not so much. Is anyone else in NZ using Win7 successfully with an HVR-2200 or would I be advised to drop the machine back to XP or Vista?

The specific problems I'm having at the moment are a complete failure to get the analog side of the 2200 working -- it's recognized and seems to be configured correctly but won't show live TV or record anything. Also the 2200 is a dual card but I only seem to be able to run one Freeview HD channel and it can only watch OR record, not both at the same time. On the plus side I appear to have the hardware accel working nicely and HD content looks gorgeous.

My next move is probably to update my beta of Win7 and try a much simpler install of MediaPortal (for my first go I followed a howto somewhere that has themes and so on, and I don't think that's helping).

Cheers,

Julian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom